Musk Turtle Not Eating!!

Coco517

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
My musk, Pokey, is a four year old female. Her water temp is 72-76, her basking temp is in the 80s. She has UVB and heating. Her diet is varied. Her water has no nitrates or nitrites.

About a month ago, she stopped eating. I took her to the vet and they diagnosed her with septicemia, unfortunately it turned out to be a misdiagnosis! She is showing no symptoms except not eating and somehow gaining weight? She is not lethargic at all, no discharge from her nose or mouth. I gave her a lay box in case she’s gravid, but she just buries herself. I’m at a total loss!!

Attachments

• 4BC69FF4-60D4-47A4-BD91-E146821AF52D.png
    4BC69FF4-60D4-47A4-BD91-E146821AF52D.png
    9.8 MB · Views: 9

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
My musk, Pokey, is a four year old female. Her water temp is 72-76, her basking temp is in the 80s. She has UVB and heating. Her diet is varied. Her water has no nitrates or nitrites.

About a month ago, she stopped eating. I took her to the vet and they diagnosed her with septicemia, unfortunately it turned out to be a misdiagnosis! She is showing no symptoms except not eating and somehow gaining weight? She is not lethargic at all, no discharge from her nose or mouth. I gave her a lay box in case she’s gravid, but she just buries herself. I’m at a total loss!!
Sounds like she could be gravid. I'd Keep trying with a nest box. Did the vet take x-rays?

Coco517

Florida
Sounds like she could be gravid. I'd Keep trying with a nest box. Did the vet take x-rays?
Thanks for the input! That makes me feel a bit better. This vet did not take x-rays. I think I found a better vet, if she doesn’t lay soon I’ll have them do the x-rays.

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
I guess cory cats will perch on just about anything.