Musk Turtle Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mel262011

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Robertsdale, AL
I am getting a musk turtle from a friend tomorrow. I just have a few questions. How do you take care of them? Do they need a basking area? What do you feed them? What temp is best for them? I have a basking area and light. I also have a UVB light. I have everything that I need for a turtle, but I am just wanting to know what the care is for a musk turtle. The turtle will be in its own tank, a 20 gallon tank. I have only had RESs that is why I am asking. Thanks!

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
The RES setup will work for for a musk,and the same diet will work also.I have a small musk turtle and a young cumberland slider in the same tank for the winter.The outside enclosures are different, mainly the water level is less for the musk. Congratulations on getting a musk, they are quite personable little fellows. Len

Turtleswagg

5 Year Member
San Pedro, CA
no basking area but i have high plastic plants that float on the top and they occasionally lay on them. feed them pellets and some type of deli meat once a week is what i do. gravel is what i have and it seems to be a big part in my musks routine so i suggest it. filter and a good size aquarium will do

Status
Not open for further replies.