Mvb bulb flickering sometimes and one blown!

Kane Durrant

Hey I use exo terra 150w ceramic lamps with a che and a 125w exo terra solar glo, the first solar glow blew, since I have the new one it flickers a lot coming on sometimes takes ages, is this a known problem or how the bulbs work as I can't remember the other doing this, thanks a lot kane! ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1440696614.281484.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1440696638.710419.jpg

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
Once it's on, does it stay on?

Kane Durrant

The majority of the time, but just now I had to fiddle with the plug, eventually it came on and is now fine. Just a pain as when I'm at work etc I don't want it going off or causing any issues!

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Have you tried another bulb in the fixture to see if its a bad fixture and not the bulb? I had an mvb bulb that flickered for a few days and then it died completely.

Kane Durrant

I have swapped the che and the bulb no difference made to the che this is the second bulb I've had play up, wouldn't mind if they were cheaper!

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
haha....I am not familiar with the brand you are using but I don't think its that uncommon.

Keith D.

Arizona
Hey I use exo terra 150w ceramic lamps with a che and a 125w exo terra solar glo, the first solar glow blew, since I have the new one it flickers a lot coming on sometimes takes ages, is this a known problem or how the bulbs work as I can't remember the other doing this, thanks a lot kane! View attachment 145571View attachment 145572

Hiya Kane, usually they just come right on and don't flicker or go on and off. I just got off the phone with the Exo-Terra company because my 160w MVB keeps going on and off and I have only had it for a month or so. So I would get a hold of them if you have had it for under 6 months and they will replace it. You will need the proof of purchase. Here is there phone number 1-800-225-2700 once you dial it and the automative person starts talking hit 5 then when it rings through to a person ask for Elaine and tell her Keith sent ya :) She is a sweetheart and will help you if she can :)

Keith D.

Arizona
Oh and also make sure the mvb is in a ceramic based hood and the hood doesn't move around cause even the slightest vibration could blow the bulb.