MY 2 NEW TORTS!!!

happyjoyjoy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
So I recently just got two new torts and wanted to share pics and info about them! But first I thought I would give an update on my tort Pheenie first so he's not left out :p

He has been doing great ever since I got him last August. He has a lot of new growth & I love his color, he's almost a butterscotch color. His newest growth is dark so unfortunately goodbye to my sunny boy :(

pheenie 3.jpg
pheenie 2.jpg
pheenie 1.png

Now introducing Pokie :D the second I saw her I couldn't resist! She is a year old and I purchased her from Lance who is amazing to work with! You can def tell she was raised the right way... I've had her for about 2-3 weeks. I decided on the name Pokie because the second I opened the box she happened to be facing me and when I took her out of the plastic container she poked her head out as far as possible at me! Almost like saying HELLO I'VE ARRIVED! It was adorable! She loves to patrol my backyard (only on these sunny 75 degree days we've been having) and she never goes in her shell she isn't afraid of anything. Her tail is half the size of Pheenies and she's a few months older and a lot larger so thats how I decided that she is a she HA. She is also kept in her own 100 gallon closed chamber...

pokie 3.jpg
pokie 2.png
pokie 1.jpg

Now my newest addition is a 1 year old pardalis named nothing for now :( I've been so busy with ochem and biochem but he/she will have a name sooner than later. He/she is slightly pyramided but thats nothing I cant fix with a little time. This tort can EAT and has the chunkiest little legs. Def a cutie! *also kept in own closed chamber.

no name 3.jpg
no name 2.jpg
no name 1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

J_W

Colorado
Those are some great looking additions. So smooth on that yearling. Congratulations.

JennBell0725

5 Year Member
Lance has awesome babies. I got three from him. Congrats on all your guys! Or gals lol.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Good looking kids you've got there. And I'm thinking your butterscotch one will continue to keep that butterscotch color. Not from experience, just a hunch.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
I disagree with cowboy. Only the centre of the scutes will stay light. My little guys all had that light color. Now they are mostly dark.

Attachments

• 1392427855213.jpg
    1392427855213.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 34

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Only time will tell for sure, but I think that Ken might be right this once. There is what looks to be a quarter inch, or so, of new growth that is "butterscotch" color surrounding the center of the scute. It is very smooth growth as well. Good looking sulcata.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
I'm sticking with my prediction. It'd be odd if he grew from the inner ring of his scute.

boris'mommy

Pleasant Hill, Ca
I'm with ken, just coming from what I've see with my own little guy. I have a before photo from a little after I first got him in July (I believe he was around 3-4 months) ImageUploadedByTortForum1392451817.887450.jpg and a picture of him about a week or two ago ImageUploadedByTortForum1392451845.311375.jpg so as much as it is very clear the beginning of your GORGEOUS guys new growth was butterscotch, I've never seen a full grown sully go back to butterscotch after they're growth goes darker. I'm seriously excited to see how your little one turn out! [SMILING FACE WITH HEART-SHAPED EYES]

Excuse the messy counters lol

Last edited by a moderator:

happyjoyjoy

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
CowboyKen I wish he would stay that color but all of his new growth is very dark so Im certain he will turn dark like most other "teenage" I call them sulcatas I see. I will def post monthly pics so we can see who's hunch was right ;)