My 5 month old

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Hello,

can you mix the Mazuri with the veggies ? Mayby by watering the mazuri before ?
Daily soaks for half an hour are the best way to keep your tortoise healthy. It is not too much.
Give your baby tort cuttle bone ( crushed in little pieces ) to eat, how much she/he wants to. Torts know what they need. When you see your baby eating the cuttle bone pieces, you should no longer make calcium over the food. It could be too much what you give the baby.
If the enclosure of your tortoise is warm and humid enough, all things will be allright for your little one.
He or she is a very cute baby with the pattern on the shell !

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Take one pellet of mazuri and soak it in water., add enough water for it to become liquid not just a mush, Then pour that all over the greens

Bee62

Germany
Your tort looks very good.
I have answered your questions in your other thread too.
How much weight your little tort ?

Mytortsampson

Hello,

Daily soaks for half an hour are the best way to keep your tortoise healthy. It is not too much.
Give your baby tort cuttle bone ( crushed in little pieces ) to eat, how much she/he wants to. Torts know what they need. When you see your baby eating the cuttle bone pieces, you should no longer make calcium over the food. It could be too much what you give the baby.
If the enclosure of your tortoise is warm and humid enough, all things will be allright for your little one.

I used to put the Mazuri under his veggies in hopes he would eat through... in stead he would destroy his tank, throw his food everywhere, and stay in his house all day. I do soak the Mazuri and typically pour the water I soaked it in over the veggies hoping it will small like Mazuri and be tricked... no such luck.

His tank stays between 100-106°F on warm end and 80-84°F on cool end. I had a hygrometer for humidity but I live in a area that's very humid so I don't think it was accurate. I mist his entire tank about 3-4 times a day. I do allow it to dry out occasionally so he doesn't get any respiratory issues

Mytortsampson

Hello,

Sorry forgot to reply about the cuttle bone. He has one but he uses it to file his nails.... I have a rebel of a tortoise..

And thank you those spots and coloring is what made me choose him :)

saginawhxc

Saginaw, Michigan, USA
I have a little hand chopper similar to the one in the link. I put my greens in there with my moistened mazuri or zoo med and give it just a few quick chops. It only chops it up a little, but it mixes the pellets in really good. It is a good way to get them eating greens if they aren't eating them, and a good way to get them eating pellets if they are only eating greens.

The important part is you shouldn't allow him to continue eating only the mazuri. They need much more than that.

Chef'n VeggiChop Hand-Powered Food Chopper (Arugula) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004HFR2MS/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

Mytortsampson

Your tort looks very good.
I have answered your questions in your other thread too.
How much weight your little tort ?
Thank you I saw I didn't think the other thread posted which is why I made this one...
I don't know how to delete it...

I'm not sure but I can weigh him.

Mytortsampson

I have a little hand chopper similar to the one in the link. I put my greens in there with my moistened mazuri or zoo med and give it just a few quick chops. It only chops it up a little, but it mixes the pellets in really good. It is a good way to get them eating greens if they aren't eating them, and a good way to get them eating pellets if they are only eating greens.

The important part is you shouldn't allow him to continue eating only the mazuri. They need much more than that.

Chef'n VeggiChop Hand-Powered Food Chopper (Arugula) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004HFR2MS/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20
I've tried mixing, I've tried making a paste. I've tried putting mazuri underneath. He gets mad, destroys his tank, spreads his food all over, and won't come out of his house

saginawhxc

Saginaw, Michigan, USA
Well at some point you need to be the one in charge. He wants Mazuri but you are the one that understands that Mazuri alone isn't good for him. So I personally would mix and mash and let him keep not eating. He'll come around.

Mytortsampson

Well at some point you need to be the one in charge. He wants Mazuri but you are the one that understands that Mazuri alone isn't good for him. So I personally would mix and mash and let him keep not eating. He'll come around.
How long can a strike go on before it could hurt him?

saginawhxc

Saginaw, Michigan, USA
5 months old? Do you know how heavy he is?

I probably wouldn't let him go more than a few days at a time.

Another question. Are you using the original formula Mazuri or Mazuri LS?

Mytortsampson

5 months old? Do you know how heavy he is?

I probably wouldn't let him go more than a few days at a time.

Another question. Are you using the original formula Mazuri or Mazuri LS?
I don't know is weight. We went a week on strike one time...nothing touched.
He is currently still eating the plain mazuri from the breeder but I ordered mazuri ls which I should get in the next few days

Mytortsampson

I'm gonna run to Walmart tonight and get a hand chopper and try that if that doesn't work then we'll have to try going on strike again ...
He gets his mazuri typically around noon, he devours it and he is stuck with greens until the next day around noon so if he gets hungry he's only.stuck with greens

Bee62

Germany
Mytortsampson said
I don't know is weight. We went a week on strike one time...nothing touched.
He is currently still eating the plain mazuri from the breeder but I ordered mazuri ls which I should get in the next few days

Wow ! A week without eating anything ? That`s a long time for a baby tort.
Mayby @Tom can tell us how long a baby tort can live without eating.

@Tom Help ! What would you say ?