White bumps on my sulcata

Azam666

Location (City and/or State)
Malaysia
626222BD-E177-4698-8BC7-615D37261889.jpeg 6802A50C-E8B3-4B52-BA97-C4991FD6FCB1.jpeg i notice lately my baby sulcata has this white rough skin on his neck then after few days he had the white bumps on leg. Is it normal?
Hes new so i did not buy the uvb light cuz everyday he stays at my backyard where it gets sunlight and at night he stays inside. Temperature is between 32 celcius during day to 29 at night?

Attachments

• E507788F-F509-4704-86F7-78B635EDD506.jpeg
    E507788F-F509-4704-86F7-78B635EDD506.jpeg
    626.8 KB · Views: 40

Bambam1989

East Texas
Perhaps some kind of insect bite? Mites maybe or a type of ant. Let's see what others say.

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
I’m not sure about the bumps, but he looks very young and should not be spending all day outdoors at that size. I may have misunderstood though.

Azam666

Malaysia
I’m not sure about the bumps, but he looks very young and should not be spending all day outdoors at that size. I may have misunderstood though.
I hv to put outside during day bc the temperature inside the house is too hot and at night i bring it in because the temperature outside is cold like 27-29 celcius

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I've seen bumps like that before. We cultured them and they were some sort of weird uncommon bacteria. Can't remember the name. Eventually, necropsy revealed those bumps and the underlying infection was a secondary infection. The primary infection was an untreatable form of reptile cryptosporidia.

Has that tortoise been living with other species of tortoises? It needs to be quarantined and tested. I think you have a big problem there. Be careful not to spread that problem around.

Azam666

Malaysia
I've seen bumps like that before. We cultured them and they were some sort of weird uncommon bacteria. Can't remember the name. Eventually, necropsy revealed those bumps and the underlying infection was a secondary infection. The primary infection was an untreatable form of reptile cryptosporidia.

Has that tortoise been living with other species of tortoises? It needs to be quarantined and tested. I think you have a big problem there. Be careful not to spread that problem around.
What should i do? I dont have any other animal just a cat

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What should i do? I dont have any other animal just a cat
Be sure this tortoise never has any contact with any other tortoise. Find a reptile vet and ask to have those lesions cultured so you know what it is and how to treat it. Offer the best care and diet you can, in the hope that the tortoises immune system can help fight off the infection.