my first leo

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildponey21

5 Year Member
ok afther A YEAR in two weeks i will be gettinga my frist leo tort he or she is 4 to six weeks old and i am getting her at a reptile place right here in Rochcester new york!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They will have him or her by tuesday but can't get it for one week afther that. So if any one has any name i deas let me know. I was thinking of kiwi but what i would life is a name form the civil war from the confederate side

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
RE: my frist leo

Hi Tabatha:

That's great news! Be sure to send us pictures, pictures, pictures!!!

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Great new's cant wait to see pic's as far as a name what about liberty:D

wildponey21

5 Year Member
well one i can't post pic's i dont have a camra to do that nor do i know how. also i would not name hi or her lost because south shold not have lost. I have to go pay for him on tuesday and will have the follwing tuesday.

also i was trying to find what type of uvb/uva blub to get i use the compact ones for my redfoots but i have red you should not use them for a leo. I hava a mvb lamp but it is a 160 watt and the lowes i can find is a 100 wat. I don't want to cook him. any ideas

John

5 Year Member
Well there ya go name it shoulda......... as far as lights the compacts are not good for any tortoise that has eyes from what I understand, powersun makes a good bulb

wildponey21

5 Year Member
ok well i have red that i shuld soak him evry 3 days is that to much or too little

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
At that age, you should probably soak him once a day, or every other day at the most. This gives him exposure to water, helps clean his skin, and will keep his digestive system moving (he's gonna pee and poop in the water). Good luck with him, you have to keep a watchful eye on the babies.

wildponey21

5 Year Member
ok thanks for the help. I just have never had a tort this small. so i want to do everything right.

wildponey21

5 Year Member
wel i saw the leo that i will be getting well i should sya they had three of them i pick the bigger one of the three. I hope to get him on monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.