My Greek tortoise laying eggs. Enjoy ^_^

Jlant85

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Shelby is laying her 3rd clutch. I noticed that she was egg bound so i was lucky enough to catch her in the act. I made this little video for everyone to enjoy. ^_^v

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
Nice! I just got my first golden greek eggs. It's so exciting, isn't it? :)

^_^ yes it is! I getting really good at reading her so I know when she's going to lay.... Her signs are subtle but having her for many years knows you can tell... This is her 3 clutch... well 4th actuall... Her first clutch she smooshed! >.< this is her first year so im assuming it was a test egg she had first time around... the last 3 she had, she dug holes for so no damages to them.... her first clutch already hatched.... i have 6 eggs on the incubator in total ^_^ I want to keep them all but wife a happy wife makes a happy life so.... i have to convince her! lol....

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
Thanks for sharing. Hope all your eggs hatch.

^_^ I hope so too! Her first clutch already did hatch so it is safe to say that the 6 eggs i have on my home made incubator are furtile ^_^v.

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
Nice! I just got my first golden greek eggs. It's so exciting, isn't it? :)

Dude its even more painful to watch in person! >.< This is my first tortoise and shes my favorite out of all of them! So it hurts to see her go through with it but very EGGciting ^_^v

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Texas
She's such a cutie. I just love watching those little back legs move.