my indian star do hiccups??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhongsen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
i just buy my new indian star tortoise around 1 year old
just now he become acting weird , he do some hiccups? there some bubble come out from his nose and i give him some green cabbage but he doesn't seem to eat it.. what should i do?

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
It sounds like he could have a respiratory infection. Keep him REALLY warm. Have you soaked him? He could be a little stressed from the move. Make sure he has a place to hide that is warm.

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
jhongsen said:
i just buy my new indian star tortoise around 1 year old
just now he become acting weird , he do some hiccups? there some bubble come out from his nose and i give him some green cabbage but he doesn't seem to eat it.. what should i do?

hello jhongsen,
first of all stop feeding him cabbage.... it's not healthy for him.....
and the bubbles coming out of the nose means it might have respiratory problems.... make sure the temperature in his enclosure is high and prohibit from feeding him too wet veggies... and you should just have a visit to your vet just to make sure it doesn't have anything severe.....

jhongsen

5 Year Member
Indonesia
make it warm... noted , hmmm and soak it with warm water or room temperature water?
okay... so no cabbage allow.. noted , could you please tell me what is the best food i should give to him?

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
jhongsen said:
make it warm... noted , hmmm and soak it with warm water or room temperature water?
okay... so no cabbage allow.. noted , could you please tell me what is the best food i should give to him?
the water should be lukewarm( after heating the water a bit, dip your hand in it and if it gives a feeling of relaxation and not of burn of any intensity)............ you can feed Hibiscus flower and greens

hibiscus:
Hibiscus.jpg

if image is not visible just click the link

fenugreek:
menthikura1.jpg

cilantro/coriander:
cori-leaves.jpg

romaine lettuce:
romaine_lettuce.jpg

parsley:
Parsley.jpg

opuntia pads:
Ortegopuntia_cv_Percy_opunta_pads_540.jpg

jhongsen

5 Year Member
Indonesia
ah these are good food for my tort.. , i read some article that mulberry is also good for indian star... is that true?

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
jhongsen said:
ah these are good food for my tort.. , i read some article that mulberry is also good for indian star... is that true?

mulberry leaves are good for your tort and the fruit just as a treat i guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.