My Indian star :)

Linhdan Nguyen

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Maybe he will learn. There was another member that saw this issue in their tortoise also. He was a Mediterranean species tortoises. So its not uncommon im sure.
At least he's eating :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
What a special little fellah.:<3:
Great thread! :)
It seems a lot of young tortoises flip themselves, as they get used to their bodies.
Obviously, make sure the water isn't deep enough for him to drown in and if you have a basking spot, be careful he can't flip and get stuck there as this can be disastrous. I'm sure you are, but it's just a case of checking on him constantly, as it's quite likely he will flip again in these early days.:tort:

Kori5

Oh my! You know it happens with babies. I would change his water bowl as it it too big for him. Could you get something I have? It is a plastic pet shop version, pretty shallow. You need to pick him and examine him. A visit to the vet wouldn't hurt.

Rue

Canada
I am glad he is okay and just scared. I think a smaller water bowl is a good idea for now. If you are soaking him he doesn't have to soak himself. Later on when he's bigger you can give him a bigger bowl again.

I caught Goose flipping herself over the other day. It took her a while but she managed just fine and didn't look too worried when it was all over...

But the first time it happened...she was also stuck in the middle of the terra cotta saucer (no water though - it is the food dish) and couldn't manage on her own. Nothing to push off of. I turned the saucer upside down.

Seems to be more common than I would have guessed.

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
He is still tightly tucked away. His legs are now in his shell too :(

He doesn't seem to respond but he isn't stiff or limp. He is still warm. This morning he didn't respond either but when I put him down he stretched his legs out. I am really worried. I guess it's a good sign that he's not stiff or limp