My leopard boy

tortoisemom6

Leonardo my leopard boy we live in mn adjusting to the winter weather..i hate winter getting him to eat hay is a challenge..but its a slow process..anyway i just love him to pieces

Attachments

• 1415859168167.jpg
    1415859168167.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 1415859208697.jpg
    1415859208697.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 36

Tactical Tort

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern CA
Super cute! How big is he/she?
I chop different hays up in a blender (nutra bullet I think) and chop up his Mizouri Pellets and mix them together. Helps up consumption without having to worry about loosing nutrients when soaked in water.
Ours wasn't big on hay when it was longer pieces but he chows down on it chopped. As he grows we'll chop it less and less but for now while he's smaller it's worked miracles for us. :)

Josh2269

Location (City and/or State)
NorthwestLouisiana
Your tort looks great! Trying to get mine to eat hay here and there, but he still hates it. He will intentionally eat everything around the hay and leave it there to dry out on the plate... Such a little pain in a butt, worst than my children.

TortMomma

Super cute! How big is he/she?
I chop different hays up in a blender (nutra bullet I think) and chop up his Mizouri Pellets and mix them together. Helps up consumption without having to worry about loosing nutrients when soaked in water.
Ours wasn't big on hay when it was longer pieces but he chows down on it chopped. As he grows we'll chop it less and less but for now while he's smaller it's worked miracles for us. :)
I have a zip lock bag filled with ground up mazuri and hay pellets and I sprinkle it on freshly washed greens for my gang. It's a great way to get that extra nutrients and fiber in their diet without have to cut up hay they won't/hardly eat. Also keeps the hay from getting mixed in with the substrate.