My Little Dude Trying to Escape His Enclosure

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
As you can see from the photos, he dug his claws into the plastic liner we have (to protect the wooden table from mold and such) and climbed up the corner of the walls and fell out twice. Luckily, the floor is carpeted and we got home in time to help him up -- he's just fine now. (I looked him over like the good mother I usually am.) We ran to the hardware store today and picked up a few pieces of wood to create a lip around the enclosure so he can't get over that now. In the first photo, you can see a textbook we had put over the corner but he was able to push that out of the way and still climb out! In the third photo, he tried to climb up again but with the wood on top of the walls, he had no where to go but back down. Success! But geez, what a little (horny) climber! He still has his log hides to climb over, which he has been doing quite a lot of lately! XD

Attachments

• Steve Climbing.png
    Steve Climbing.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
  • 0126141639.jpg
    0126141639.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 0126141654.jpg
    0126141654.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 90

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
The picture of him escaping is priceless lol Leave it to a Russian tort :p I am sure he will be thinking up another plan ! That is how I got my tort she was found crossing a road & I am guessing she escaped so her tort table is maximum security! Thanks for sharing . I am glad he is ok safe & secure . It sure got a chuckle out of me.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Spidertort..Spidertort! [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
AZtortMom said:
Spidertort..Spidertort! [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Lol we need the new forum so I can like !!