My little kitten!

Toffi

I have 3 cats. The first one is the one I will be introducing today. His name is Maxi. He is a white, blue eyed, main coon. I know in the title I said kitten, but to me, he's my little kitten. He's actually 6 years old. We got him on Craigslist. He just turned 6 this June. Here's a picture! ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1441148239.134310.jpg In this photo, he's laying at the foot of the bed taking a nap.

Bogie=babyDINO

Location (City and/or State)
Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
He is a beautiful little kitty. I'm happy to hear you got him off of craigslist. I frequently get on there and when I see animals for sale it makes me sad. I often wonder if they are going to good homes. That's were I got my sully, Bogart. After I got him I read craigslist isn't the best place to get a tort. He was 1 month and really dry. Now he is 5 months and a little eating machine. Thanks for sharing your cute fluff ball!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
He is a beautiful little kitty. I'm happy to hear you got him off of craigslist. I frequently get on there and when I see animals for sale it makes me sad. I often wonder if they are going to good homes. That's were I got my sully, Bogart. After I got him I read craigslist isn't the best place to get a tort. He was 1 month and really dry. Now he is 5 months and a little eating machine. Thanks for sharing your cute fluff ball!!

You know, CL and pet stores aren't the best place to get a tortoise, but boy, they usually do need saving and it's nice when someone, like you can do that and then actually take their care seriously enough to do research and join forums to learn what's best for them. So good for you.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have 3 cats. The first one is the one I will be introducing today. His name is Maxi. He is a white, blue eyed, main coon. I know in the title I said kitten, but to me, he's my little kitten. He's actually 6 years old. We got him on Craigslist. He just turned 6 this June. Here's a picture! View attachment 146357 In this photo, he's laying at the foot of the bed taking a nap.

Beautiful kitty. Btw, he was napping until you snap the pic :p. My grandmother years ago had an all white, looked a lot like yours. She named it Snowball:D

Lexiii

CT
Kitties are my first love. What a pretty baby!

Bogie=babyDINO

Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
You know, CL and pet stores aren't the best place to get a tortoise, but boy, they usually do need saving and it's nice when someone, like you can do that and then actually take their care seriously enough to do research and join forums to learn what's best for them. So good for you.
Thank you Wellington! I really appreciate that. I do take Bogarts care very seriously. I never thought I would be bathing a tortoise 3 times a day and making up weed/grass salads from his own tort garden haha but boy do I love it! And he looks so much healthier then when I first got him. Lately Ive been a little worried about his weight so I started throwing mazuri into his diet twice a week. I read about what Tom said is Hatchling failure Syndrome and it freaked me out. Do you know when torts are in the clear from that?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I'm a dude 100% male But I do love cats don't tell anyone. it'll ruin my rep

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thank you Wellington! I really appreciate that. I do take Bogarts care very seriously. I never thought I would be bathing a tortoise 3 times a day and making up weed/grass salads from his own tort garden haha but boy do I love it! And he looks so much healthier then when I first got him. Lately Ive been a little worried about his weight so I started throwing mazuri into his diet twice a week. I read about what Tom said is Hatchling failure Syndrome and it freaked me out. Do you know when torts are in the clear from that?
No I don't. Some members have lost theirs after doing good for a year or two and then it seems out of the blue a dead tortoise.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have 3 cats. The first one is the one I will be introducing today. His name is Maxi. He is a white, blue eyed, main coon. I know in the title I said kitten, but to me, he's my little kitten. He's actually 6 years old. We got him on Craigslist. He just turned 6 this June. Here's a picture! View attachment 146357 In this photo, he's laying at the foot of the bed taking a nap.
So, let's see the other ones. :)