my male star just not interesting female

burger

10 Year Member!
got a 7 years old male weight 600g, he just no interesting my two females star, anything I can do ?

ImageUploadedByTortForum1379725712.440452.jpg
that's he's photo

Last edited by a moderator:

SANDRA_MEISSNEST

5 Year Member
Maybe he is gay :D
just joking I hope someone here can help you out with that problem maybe he still too young and not mature yet

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using TortForum mobile app

he is beautiful how many inches is he

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using TortForum mobile app

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Don't worry he will just give it some time . He's just shy.:D:D:D:D

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
How long have you had your stars and where in the world are you located?

burger

10 Year Member!
Neal said:
How long have you had your stars and where in the world are you located?

hi had them since baby, it's been lookafter them over 7 years now , I'm in uk thanks

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
There are a lot of factors to consider, and I'm not much of a tortoise sexologist, but could you give some details about your husbandry?

I don't have any information on the breeding cycles of stars in the UK, but I know there are a lot of star keepers there. I would recommend searching for a UK breeder and getting in touch with them.

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
What a good looking tort. I hope he gets over his shyness soon!

Ann from CT

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have found that keeping a male tortoise by himself for a season helps quite a bit. Set your male up in a new habitat, plenty big enough for him to wander and feel comfortable, and just let him be a tortoise over the winter. Then in the spring, put him in with the girls. I think you'll see that he has become interested.

skottip

10 Year Member!
Florida
Get another male! You will be pleasantly surprised. Multiples males is definitely the answer...

Scott

burger

10 Year Member!
skottip said:
Get another male! You will be pleasantly surprised. Multiples males is definitely the answer...

Scott

thanks! maybe try to get another male then, but apart from that nothing I could do ?

Lil-Star

5 Year Member
UK
The UK breeding season is spring summer.
I agree maybe he is a late bloomer, some males are so laid back they may as well be gay too and getting another male would be my choice.

1.1.0 - Indian Stars

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
A winter separation is the easiest way to solve this problem. Enclosures that are too small or having them sexes continuously year round creates an over familiarity.

Vicki78

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
We too have a male star and at first he was very quiet (we obtained him from a friend when he was 6. He's now 7).
We have built him an entire new enclosure with new toys (rocks & hides) bur he has since taken to one of his rocks as a mate which he 'humps' on many an occasion (& more often than not when we're eating or have peeps round)! He h as also become very territorial as he has gotten older too! We too are in the uk and let me tell you, when my Sheldon is in season he paces round the enclosure & humps as though theres no tomorrow and this can be outside of 'our' usual seasons. Only tonight was he humping & pacing! Good luck and keep us informed on as how you get on.