My neighbor's tortoise

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
So my neighbor has a rescue tortoise (he had a rough beginning including being stepped on -- we assume -- and has a permanently wonky leg as a result), who sometimes wanders around their fenced front yard (supervised). He was the inspiration that I offered to take in a rescue tortoise when one came my way - not knowing anything about anything with tortoises. Didn't even realize there was a wide variety of species. So I was envisioning a nice, active, friendly dinner-plate sized one like Tortellini here, instead of my grumpy-pants Russian who barely moves, but whom I love anyway. Today Tortellini was out in the yard by the front of the fence and I got some great photos, so sharing... I believe he's a desert tortoise...

Attachments

• IMG_6003.jpg
    IMG_6003.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6002.jpg
    IMG_6002.jpg
    575 KB · Views: 13

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
So my neighbor has a rescue tortoise (he had a rough beginning including being stepped on -- we assume -- and has a permanently wonky leg as a result), who sometimes wanders around their fenced front yard (supervised). He was the inspiration that I offered to take in a rescue tortoise when one came my way - not knowing anything about anything with tortoises. Didn't even realize there was a wide variety of species. So I was envisioning a nice, active, friendly dinner-plate sized one like Tortellini here, instead of my grumpy-pants Russian who barely moves, but whom I love anyway. Today Tortellini was out in the yard by the front of the fence and I got some great photos, so sharing... I believe he's a desert tortoise...
That is a DT. They have wonderful personalities.