My new baby dart frog

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyguy35

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario
Charlotte I believe in the USA te company is called Josh's frogs they breed frogs if youcontact they maybe they will sell you a few should only cost ten bucks. That frog in my pics ten bucks for the tad now he's worth 90 to 125

CJSTorts

5 Year Member
Jacksonville,FL
Thanks! I will looking into it. First I have to see if we will have enough space for it though. We already have a bearded dragon in the classroom and my co-teacher trains service dogs and brings him to class, so we already have a lot of animals in class, but watching these guys change is so fascinating!

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
All you keep them in is a tiny deli container it's very easy.

CJSTorts

5 Year Member
Jacksonville,FL
I was looking around on the site and couldn't find tadpoles for sale, I will keep looking, I'm sure I just over looked it. Thanks!

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
Well I don't think anyone actually sells them. You would have to ask him tell him it's for educTion. Maybe he can help you out.

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
Let me know how it goes. They take months to develope by the way.

CJSTorts

5 Year Member
Jacksonville,FL
Yeah I figured it could be an on going project they can observe. Work it into different lessons, maybe some writing, science, math, etc.

acrantophis

5 Year Member
tyguy35 said:
You can keep the same species together if they are all females. Not because males will fight But because interbreeding is very looked down upon. The frogs hve such great genetics already that people won't even look at or price a bee species made by human. Just don't interbreed basically.

Actually the females are the aggressive ones. Females will even destroy eggs laid by other females. I would never keep females together.

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
Weird I have never had an issue. I have had male problems maybe I have it backwards.

poison

5 Year Member
males can also be territorial but its much more common in females.

acrantophis

5 Year Member
tyguy35 said:
I must have a good bunch

You will find that once they start to breed, your females will bully each other. They will wrestle each other and push their opponents faces into the ground. Once you have a breeding pair you can use the female to sex any new frogs. You can keep multiple males in a large enclosure with multiple huts. Also try breeding wax worms for food. It's very easy. All you need is an incubator, honey, wax paper, wheat bran, and plastic straws. Thousands of worms produced. Major calories. Rapid growth of froglets.

CJSTorts

5 Year Member
Jacksonville,FL
I talked to them. They don't ship the tadpoles, because its to risky. They are willing to let me have some for my classroom if I can meet them at the reptile show in Daytona. The only problem is I am not sure I can make it to that show. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.