My new Bearded Dragon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eudora09

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tucson, Arizona
Sorry I haven't been on much. I've been babysitting for a friend for 11 hours a day and between that and taking care of my animals I haven't had time to do much of anything.

So yesterday I actually had a day off and I went to the pet store that my friend owns and the baby bearded dragons that hatched out 3 weeks ago were finally ready to be sold so I got one! She's so cute! Not really sure it is a girl but I figured it doesn't really matter seeing that I have no intentions of getting more than the one. So I named her Sakura. She is very friendly and already likes interaction. She comes over and stands on her hind legs so I'll put my hand in her enclosure and she gets on it and holds my finger and goes to sleep it's so cute! Without further ado here's pictures of Sakura sunbathing!

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

81SHOVELHEAD

5 Year Member
Galveston TX
Nice colors
I have a 3 yr old female .
She is so spoiled .
Enjoy they are very social & demand attention .
Mike D.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
She's cute ;) Baby beardies are the best. Beardies are the best pet lizard period! I do love my Uro, though, and monitors rock, but for the average owner, there is nothing better than a beardie.

eudora09

5 Year Member
Tucson, Arizona
Thanks everyone! I think she is the best. It was between her and an iguana but I'm glad I went with my little beardie. Here's some more pictures of her where I was holding her.

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
MUCH better pet than an iguana! You made the right choice ;) Iggys just get too dang big and the males can be nasty nasty.

eudora09

5 Year Member
Tucson, Arizona
Kristina said:
MUCH better pet than an iguana! You made the right choice ;) Iggys just get too dang big and the males can be nasty nasty.

Yeah that's the main reason I went with the beardie. I wouldn't know if the baby iguana was a girl or a boy and didn't want to end up with an aggressive male later on down the road. If I had the $200 bucks to spare they have a nice adult female iguana that is very tame and sweet. But then again the iguanas get huge and I'm very small and I already deal with my boa constrictors being huge and don't want another huge animal. So I'm really glad I saw this little beardie :) I like her a lot and think she was the best choice for me!
Plus if I had the $200 I would end up getting a leopard tort instead I really want one but got to wait til we get a bigger place lol.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Sakura is a cutie! Is her name from the cartoon Naruto? (I love that show)

I think beardies are way better than iggies. There are so many things that are better about beardies like their attitudes. I have 2 females that are 1 year old now and it's so neat to see how much they love human interaction!

CJSTorts

5 Year Member
Jacksonville,FL
Nice looking beardie! We have one and they are great lizards, complete attention hogs lol :)

Status
Not open for further replies.