Our Bearded Dragon "Rusty"

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Super cool. I can't ever remember seeing one quite that red. Gorgeous.

Kwakin

California
I thought I'd take a couple pictures of our bearded dragon "Rusty" enjoying the sunshine today. Bearded dragons really do have the best temperament and don't mind being handled.

He is 5 years old now. Red translucent and 24" in length.

View attachment 304843View attachment 304844
I have a beardie that is bout like that. except he is absolutely lazy, motionless, and not rusty (tan/brownish color)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I thought I’d update this thread and show the revised outdoor enclosure I built for Rusty, our beardie. It’s 12ft x 4ft. He’s doing very well inside and very natural habitat.
HOLY COW! That is amazing! It looks fantastic.

My daughter had bunk beds. She got older and decided that she wanted the top bunk removed, but I couldn't bear to chuck it. It sat outside for a while and then last summer, I made it in to an outdoor cage for the beardies. I thought mine was pretty cool there for a while, but yours puts mine to shame! Well done sir.

g4mobile

5 Year Member
Fort Lauderdale, FL
HOLY COW! That is amazing! It looks fantastic.

My daughter had bunk beds. She got older and decided that she wanted the top bunk removed, but I couldn't bear to chuck it. It sat outside for a while and then last summer, I made it in to an outdoor cage for the beardies. I thought mine was pretty cool there for a while, but yours puts mine to shame! Well done sir.
Thanks Tom! I thought it might make a great juvenile tortoise enclosure one day with a few modifications. I'm not kicking Rusty out yet.