My new Horsfield Setup. Hope its ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayo1985

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I Built this tortoise table the other day. Its 3ft by 4ft with a depth of 8". The Substrate is 70% Eco Earth 30% Playpit Sand. With Timothy hay with dandilion on one side. There is a big cave for her to hide in. with a big water dish (a little bit dirty from her throwing the dirt in the water) a feeding dish. 1 Cuttle bone, pebbles in the corner, a piece of bark on top of 2 pebble's and a piece of slate to create a tunnel to walk through, a row of logs for her to bask on. Two light emitting heat and uvb creating a heat spot of about 35c/95f and a cool side of about 20c/69f, and of a night the heat drops to about 15c/60f (is that ok?) i will be changing the bulbs for 1 mercury vapour bulb in the next few days.

any tips would be welcome.
if im doing anything wrong please let me know as i want the best for her.

Thanks,
Alan

Image00001.jpgImage00002.jpgImage00003.jpgImage00004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hotty76

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
It looks great sweet cheeks!!!! how long did that take you?

mayo1985 said:
I Built this tortoise table the other day. Its 3ft by 4ft with a depth of 8". The Substrate is 70% Eco Earth 30% Playpit Sand. With Timothy hay with dandilion on one side. There is a big cave for her to hide in. with a big water dish (a little bit dirty from her throwing the dirt in the water) a feeding dish. 1 Cuttle bone, pebbles in the corner, a piece of bark on top of 2 pebble's and a piece of slate to create a tunnel to walk through, a row of logs for her to bask on. Two light emitting heat and uvb creating a heat spot of about 35c/95f and a cool side of about 20c/69f, and of a night the heat drops to about 15c/60f (is that ok?) i will be changing the bulbs for 1 mercury vapour bulb in the next few days.

any tips would be welcome.
if im doing anything wrong please let me know as i want the best for her.

Thanks,
Alan

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
That looks really nice. Mine never stay that neat!

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
great work on the table

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Looks really nice! how big is your sweetie?

mayo1985

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
cvalda said:
Looks really nice! how big is your sweetie?

she is just under 3" so about 7 cm. Can you tell how old they are by there size? I will post a picture of her tail later so you can see if its a girl or a boy for sure!!
thanks
alan

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Then that is the perfect size for her!!!! As she gets bigger, you'll need something deeper as she'll likely climb out easily! You'd be amazed at what they can climb!

You can't really tell their age by size, but yours is very small so is likely fairly young (meaning a couple/few years, maybe).

Post her tail pic! But she's likely too small to tell the gender just yet! We can guess tho! LOL!

mayo1985

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
cvalda said:
Then that is the perfect size for her!!!! As she gets bigger, you'll need something deeper as she'll likely climb out easily! You'd be amazed at what they can climb!

You can't really tell their age by size, but yours is very small so is likely fairly young (meaning a couple/few years, maybe).

Post her tail pic! But she's likely too small to tell the gender just yet! We can guess tho! LOL!

i am thinking of adding an upstairs to the enclosure with higher sides like flying jenny's excelent enclosure.
i was just wondering if british salad crest are ok to feed my rt?

thanks
alan

Status
Not open for further replies.