NEW INDOOR SETUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Well in the second picture is the "Revamped"...setup for the new little Radi'....
Even though Iam not one for indoor setups ..as all my torts live outdoor year round ( and it limits one to really having fun with hardscapes" )... This was a must for this one~ Not too fancy but a nice addition in the house...and fun to watch him/her...
I built this using " Split Poplar logs, all dowled and glued , Coped joints .. No nails" .. was constructed like a log cabin type building. Dim. are 42" x 60"x 24" Very strong and heavy as Hamburger! Plexi~glass hinged front, folds downward for ease of cleaning without having to prop it up , or the enclosure can be hung from the ceiling ( as long as you find the joists).
Lost of floor space for this litte guy,with a mixture of substrates incl.cypress much, moss,reptimix and some 3/8 Mexican beach pebbles around and in the water dish area. Also was the adventure to the rock yard to find the perfect piece of lava rock.This chunk has a convex shape to it, thus a " natural cave " that goes thru~out the rock.Kinda Neato!..Only I, would be the nutty one picking thru rocks on a Sat morning eh?:p
Lighting includes,UVB,plant , and ceramic heating element, all timed/thermo controled.. One end of enclosure is 1/4 wire vented to allow for fresh air ,in a no draft spot. Temp and humidity is easy to maintain with this one. With both " hot " and " cool " areas.. as well as " dark"spots that includes a crafty little " hide" box , and the "lava cave" .. for a little privacy.
Picture011-1.jpg
RADICAGE4.jpg
RADICAGE.jpg

HAPPY TORTN~
JD:)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
What an adorable little tortoise you have there and his enclosure is so nice. You do have a lot of vases there don't you? :D

TortoisesRock!

5 Year Member
JEALOUS! I wish I was talented enough to construct one of those! and cute tort!

khanvict

5 Year Member
eXtreme makeover: tortoise edition. nice work, very neat and clean. i like the changes. quite a pretty tortoise you've got there.

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Northwest FL
AWSOME enclosure! I especially love the lava rock cave. Did it take you long to find the perfect rock? VERY VERY COOL. I'm lovin it!!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
A lot of that glass work reminds me of "vases" people kept in college...

That perfect teacup shell shape sure makes that torty a chick magnet. ;)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Not too fancy ??? Absolutely perfetc!! Could you post a close up of that lava cave? I'm loving it.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
What a great enclosure!! It looks awesome and your new baby is so sweet :)

Stephanie Logan said:

haha that's what I thought they were at first :rolleyes:

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Wow beautiful enclosure and beautiful little baby tortoise :D You did as very good job with the enclosure (as usual :) ).

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
terryo said:
Not too fancy ??? Absolutely perfetc!! Could you post a close up of that lava cave? I'm loving it.

Well Terry after a lil" Splunkin" :p .. here is a cave shot! ..
cave3.jpg

jrcrist4 said:
AWSOME enclosure! I especially love the lava rock cave. Did it take you long to find the perfect rock? VERY VERY COOL. I'm lovin it!!

Well ... I looked through about 1/2 ton of material to find this piece!:rolleyes:

go figure ,,! ,,,,:p:p

JD~:)

Stephanie Logan said:

That perfect teacup shell shape sure makes that torty a chick magnet. ;)

~~ yea .. dats it ! ...";)
That perfect teacup shell shape sure makes that torty a chick magnet.
... umm... you mean as in ..." ELECTRO" ? :p

<grin>
JD:D

Status
Not open for further replies.