My old Yellow Red Foot has woken up !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern part of Sweden
I was really amazed this weekend, when I found out which one of my Redfoots that was making the clucking noice; The Old One !

Normally the other males don't go on for that long, but this time it was going on all day in the outdoor enclosure.

I still have no proof if this old yellow RF from Columbia is a male or not, since I could not see any "thingy", so I don't know if it only was due to domination or not. But it was more or less trying to mount ALL of the others in the group, both the males and the females during the day.

This has never happened before ! It has not even showed any interest whatsoever in anything else than food, or me ! :D

Here is the original thread about my old yellow RF :

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-What-race-is-my-REALLY-REALLY-old-Redfoot#axzz1Vjox6l20

I was trying to upload a short video here of the scene, but it seems to be impossible. The upload went on for more than 30 min, then I had to interrupted it. Sad since you wont be able to see this spectacular scene...

But this strengthens Matt's theory in that first post that it actually is a male after all ?

So Matt, do you want to sell you yellow female to me ??? ;)

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Southern part of Sweden
As I said, I managed to capture the scene with my BlackBerry Video Cam, so I've tried to screenshot from the video instead of uploading the whole lot (since that didn't work). It takes a lot of bytes anyway to screenshot from a video, since it's in a Bitmap format...

But can anyone explain why there is always a voyer involved ? :D

Enjoy !

View attachment Edna_2.bmp View attachment Edna_1.bmp

Last edited by a moderator:

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
Are you talking about this girl?

100_1866.jpg

100_2489-2.jpg

IMAG1101-1.jpg

-Matt

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Southern part of Sweden
matt41gb said:
Yeah, that could get expensive. She's an awesome tortoise!

-Matt

To be honest, I'm really tempted, Matt !

And I might come to the US for a database convention anyway in the very near future... And Sybase Corp is located in Dallas ;)

But do you actually think it would be possible ? What kind of paperwork and permits and other stuff would be involved if I wanted to bring a tortoise with me on the plane back to Sweden ?

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
You would need CITES and whatever Customs, Wildlife, etc. were additionally required in Sweden.

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Southern part of Sweden
HLogic said:
You would need CITES and whatever Customs, Wildlife, etc. were additionally required in Sweden.

Now we're getting a bit OT, but hypothetical it's just the administration to get it IN to Sweden, nothing to consider to get it OUT from the US ? And I guess one has to talk to the airline as well...

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
Well Dallas is about 30 min from me. We could definitely work something out. :)

-Matt

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Southern part of Sweden
matt41gb said:
Well Dallas is about 30 min from me. We could definitely work something out. :)

-Matt

As I said before Matt, I'm really tempted... Especially since the personality of my yellow RF is so very unique and different from the others. I bet yours is too ?

And FYI, it doesn't seem that complicated to import a tortoise/reptile to Sweden, since there is NO paperwork involved, as long as the tort is travelling together with me. All I have to do is actually to "report" it to the customs when I enter Sweden, as long as the species is not listed on CITES. And I can do this with up to five individuals at a time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.