My outside enclosure!

Luke_SL

Location (City and/or State)
Wakefield
Looks awesome! Very generous sized space! Wish I could build something like that for my tortoises but it’s just rubbish weather in the UK all the time. No good for tortoises :( .... done an awesome job! Maybe some shaded areas, like bushes would look awesome! Very lucky tortoise that’s for sure!

katieandiggy

5 Year Member
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Looks awesome! Very generous sized space! Wish I could build something like that for my tortoises but it’s just rubbish weather in the UK all the time. No good for tortoises :( .... done an awesome job! Maybe some shaded areas, like bushes would look awesome! Very lucky tortoise that’s for sure!
You can still build something great for your tortoise in the UK. I’m in the UK and I have a large outdoor enclosure, you just need either a small heated box or some kind of cold frame. My cold frame was in the corner of the enclosure that got the first sun and it was remarkably hot inside.

Luke_SL

Wakefield
You can still build something great for your tortoise in the UK. I’m in the UK and I have a large outdoor enclosure, you just need either a small heated box or some kind of cold frame. My cold frame was in the corner of the enclosure that got the first sun and it was remarkably hot inside.

I might have to just give that a go when I get some Herman tortoises

Salisbury
Hi! We have had to upgrade his enclosure as he managed to climb over the wood then chew through the wire! Here’s a pic, it’s unfortunately raining today though, that’s England for you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 21

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Hi! We have had to upgrade his enclosure as he managed to climb over the wood then chew through the wire! Here’s a pic, it’s unfortunately raining today though, that’s England for you!
He chewed through wire?? They never stop amazing me. I thought he would have climbed it.

Salisbury
He chewed through wire?? They never stop amazing me. I thought he would have climbed it.
We didn’t see him do it, but when we were looking for ways he had escaped, we found a Denis shaped hole wich looked like it had been chewed through! We caught him red handed couple of weeks later. We had to sneak into a school to get him back! He is so naughty!