My sulcata pics, long overdue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weda737

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NC
I haven't been on this forum much lately, but I thought I'd share a few pics of my growing baby.
redmot012.jpg

Found a warm place and snoozed with the kitty for a while.
miceandodds001_zps75562c87.jpg

I'll take more soon, we still don't have a name for (him?) we just call him Baby, he's the baby, gets all the attention. Not as smooth as I wanted him to be, it had already started just a tiny bit when I got him. Has it really been 2 years now? I think, in June.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Nice looking guy! I have a 23 month old that 24 pounds. Please let me know how long and how much he weighs please

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I love your pics!! Your tort and kitty are just precious!! :)

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
cemmons12 said:
Nice looking guy! I have a 23 month old that 24 pounds. Please let me know how long and how much he weighs please
I know he's not as big as your Cooper lol, he's 813g. I'll take some pics soon, should have taken some today, it was finally nice outside and he got to go out and graze for a bit. I need to measure him too, what's the best way to do that? Measure the plastron?

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
Great looking sulcata! He'll be HUGE before you know it...

Weda737 said:
cemmons12 said:
I know he's not as big as your Cooper lol, he's 813g. I'll take some pics soon, should have taken some today, it was finally nice outside and he got to go out and graze for a bit. I need to measure him too, what's the best way to do that? Measure the plastron?

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
in all honesty, in that cat picture, his slight pyramiding looks so symmetrical that i think its beautiful! in a weird way it reminds me of star tortoise. i dont really know how to explain but.... but i really think he looks good!

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Up to 830-something grams now. Starting to catch up on growth spurts again lol. We had a decent day out side to do a lot of walking. I want to keep his little legs strong and he seems to love it. You can see he's a little bumpy, some pics it looks worse than it really is.
Outside014_zps8e69c3aa.jpg

Outside013_zps13b99f5f.jpg

Outside006_zps989d0a0f.jpg

Outside005_zps056a29bd.jpg

^ Ignore the photobomber in the background.
Outside004_zps6e760e8e.jpg

^and yes that is a dog paw, don't panic. Obviously they are never left unattended.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
These pics were yesterday. Can you believe it snowed last night? Wild weather here.

jstec

5 Year Member
In the third picture background what is that? Looks like a white/ grey cat or fox? Or maybe I'm just seeing things and it's just a dog?

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
LOL, I was looking at the pic with a person with no head, haha. BTW, your tortoise is beautiful!

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Yeah... my photobombers. The headless guy is my fiance. I won't complain too much since he decided to take his pasty butt outside for a while. Lazy bum. I mean, I'm a gamer too but geez. And the furry thing, that's one of my kitties, he always finds his way into at least one pic. He's a long haired blue american bobtail. Check out his cute bunny ears.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
WOO HOO! Gamers! If it wasn't for the fact thay my job makes me spent time outside... I probably wouldn't go out either!

oh yah.... you little one looks good too but just wait till he's to big to pick up! you wont have to babysit you Tort and dog then...except to protect your dog. (A charging Sulcata can break his legs very easily!)

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Thank you Diamondbp. I do worry about when he's older, I hope he isn't terribly aggresive with the other animals.

TinyTheSulcata

5 Year Member
Weda737 said:
I haven't been on this forum much lately, but I thought I'd share a few pics of my growing baby.
redmot012.jpg

Found a warm place and snoozed with the kitty for a while.
miceandodds001_zps75562c87.jpg

I'll take more soon, we still don't have a name for (him?) we just call him Baby, he's the baby, gets all the attention. Not as smooth as I wanted him to be, it had already started just a tiny bit when I got him. Has it really been 2 years now? I think, in June.

AWESOME looking baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.