My Sulcatas - Especially for Robyn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
Here are some updated pics of my sulcatas.

DSC08876.jpg

Tonga with a messy face of Mazuri!

DSC08874.jpg

Juno and Squirt sharing some breakfast.

DSC08873.jpg

This is Squirt that I adopted from Robyn.

DSC08869.jpg

Everyone waiting to eat.

DSC08878.jpg

So far, the grass is holding up.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Nice pics Dee and really nice Sulcatas, they are beautiful :)
I like their enclosures :)
Thanks for sharing.

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
That’s the type of enclosure I’m looking for when I find my new home. Then probably adopt a couple more. Very nice photo’s

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Thanks Isa, Rich and Laura! Laura, here is a pic of their heated house. It is approx. 4' wide x 2 1/2' d. There is a heat lamp inside. But, my sulcatas do not stay out at night unless the temps are staying above 50. I close off the door at night to keep in the heat and it stays nice and toasty for them.
DSC08879.jpg

M

Maggie Cummings

That's really a nice place for them. I sure wish I could provide something like that for Bob. Thanks for posting those

chadk

10 Year Member!
Great looking yard and torts!

What are the tall posts all over? Where do you live? Almost looks like it could be around here in western wa. Do they get enough sun? Looks like more of a forest environment than sunny grasslands. But they don't seem to mind :)

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Thanks everyone! Chad the 4x4's support the top of the cage. It is completely enclosed due to raccoons, hawks, coyote, etc. The strips on the 4x4's allow me to slide in 2x12's if I want to divide it up. I live in NJ and they do actually do get a ton of sun. Just happened that I took that somewhat early this morning and the sun was still coming up.

chadk

10 Year Member!
Wow - that is so cool. How tall is the cage? That's quite a project. Thanks for the pics!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Chad, If you check out the enclosure threads, I had posted some progressive pics of us building the enclosure. I am not sure how to attach the threads here. The enclosure is over 6' tall I believe and it was a long thought out process. Of course it helps loads that my husband is in construction and can build anything. Tort houses, people houses, etc.! I think the posts were title Stage One, etc. under my screen name.

Thanks everyone for your responses!

M

Maggie Cummings

jlyoncc1 said:
Chad, If you check out the enclosure threads, I had posted some progressive pics of us building the enclosure. I am not sure how to attach the threads here. The enclosure is over 6' tall I believe and it was a long thought out process. Of course it helps loads that my husband is in construction and can build anything. Tort houses, people houses, etc.! I think the posts were title Stage One, etc. under my screen name.

Thanks everyone for your responses!

Dee, do any of your Sulcata have a bumpy pushed in nose like Bob does? Look at the Bob thread and see how his nose is so pushed in. Like he's rubbing it against the cinder block...His chin is red from rubbing it ...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D Love the messy face! Wow is my memory super faulty, or has Squirt been doing some growing?

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Thanks Stace!

Maggie, I don't think mine have a pushed up nose. They slope a bit, not like Bob's bump. I can really see his pink chin though. He must have really been rubbing.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Yes Jacqui, Squirt has done quite a bit of growing. I didn't realize how much until I brought her outside and had her next to everyone else!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Dee, how wonderful to see pics of Squirt, thank you. She is growing well :) She looks longer now, not the little round butterball I sent you. She looks to be smoothing out in your care. I love seeing her so happy and with others of her kind.
What a wonderful enclosure, but then I watched it from the beginning thread you posted. They have a large enough space for the grass to hold up in there. I love the pic of Tonga with his Mazuri face and the grass sprouting out of the corners of his mouth. :D
Dee, you and your family have done such a wonderful job with your enclosure and with your Sullies, boxies and others. I’d want to come back as a Tort in your care. Again Thanks for the update. She looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.