My sully enclosure tub

Status
Not open for further replies.

murdocjunior

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South, Texas
This is my sully tub as im still working on it but if anyone see something i can improve on please let me know as im still learning. It contains cypress mulch about 8 inches deep so they can dig and i can make them hills to walk on. its a 4 ft long tub purchased at Tractor Supply. it gets mist everyday and torts as well. I curently house 3 Sullies in this enclosure, they love it and have exercise room I also have a outdoor enclosure for them for spring and summer time.

Attachments

• Picture 643 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 643 (Medium).jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 204
  • Picture 645 (Medium) (2).jpg
    Picture 645 (Medium) (2).jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 137
  • Picture 646 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 646 (Medium).jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 122

LindaF

5 Year Member
I don't want to sound too critical or mean, but your lights look like an accident waiting to happen. You especially need a better way to secure the heat lamp. Perhaps a stand for the lamp and a cover that completely crosses the tub to put the other light on?

PoisonOrchid

5 Year Member
How Big are the Sullies? Are there 3 in there?
It looks rather small(the enclosure)
I also agree with LindaF on the Lights.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I agree with LindaF about the lighting. Evereything else looks great. They look happy and healthy sir.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
I also agree that for 3 Sulcatas, that space looks a bit small. I think it would be great for one, but 3 I'm not so sure. How many hides do you have? I was also wondering how often you're soaking them? It appears that they've each got some pyramiding, nothing serious, but it would be good to make sure they're soaked often enough and perhaps misted a few times a day until they drip. How old are they?

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Looks good, it will do for maybe a year. They grow super fast and 3, wow hope you have room.

murdocjunior

10 Year Member!
South, Texas
They are about a year each and yes i do have room outside where they have there outdoor enclosure. Thanks

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
looks like they could benefit from a bit more humidity.. but for a winter temp enclosure.. and they you did fine!
Sullies are AWSOME!!!
how much property do you have? Its hard to say no once you have a few and there are more in need...
start building! HA!

M

Maggie Cummings

I agree that they look like they need more humidity. The substrate looks dry, I suggest you wet them down more and keep your substrate more damp. Pour cups of water over it. I don't think it's too small for them while they grow. It's a good size for them now, but you need to fix your lights and humidity...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
murdocjunior said:
The light is fixed and the mulch is more damped thanks everyone

That is a very interesting avatar shot. Wish I could see it bigger.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Nice! Hope you have more secure lighting & heating now. If you find it hard to keep warm, moving it up off the ground can help as heat rises. You can also cover part of it with plexiglas, which also helps with humidity. If you have a MVB, its especially important to use a stable lamp stand and not have it clamped at an angle (bad for the torts, humans, and bulb). What kind of temps are you getting? Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.