My Tort Sleeps In Different Ways.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Hi everyone. I have recently noticed that when my Greek tort falls asleep, it does so in different ways:

a) it may pull its head as well as its four legs in at times, whereas one can only see its shell, and I presume that this is normal
b it slept in a way that gave me an incredible fright once: it pulled its head into its shell, but its front legs were hanging out. I got so scared that I was obliged to wake the poor little thing up!
c) it sometimes falls asleep with its head outside its shell.

Is this normal? :confused: Anyone's help would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
My Tidgy often sleeps with all of her legs splayed out and head tucked around the side.
Hope this is normal too.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
My Tidgy often sleeps with all of her legs splayed out and head tucked around the side.
Hope this is normal too.
I think it it normal and nothing to worry about, especially I received alerts from members telling me "all normal" thank GOD.

tglazie

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, TX
Oh man, that little leopard sleeping in the heads up position is totally hilarious.

T.G.

Ray Shaw

Tortoises are cold blooded animals. I think they need to adjust their postures continually according to both ambient and body temperatures.