My Tortoise got into her soaking bin overnight and seems to be bleeding

Pyro40

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
My tortoise seemed to have gotten into her soaking bin (i was dumb and left it somewhere she could.) Thankfully she wasnt submerged all night but in little standing water. She seems to be bleeding on her underneath, but there are no visible wounds. She is eating and moving around still but not sure if I should continue to be concerned.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Can you post pictures of the tortoise

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My tortoise seemed to have gotten into her soaking bin (i was dumb and left it somewhere she could.) Thankfully she wasnt submerged all night but in little standing water. She seems to be bleeding on her underneath, but there are no visible wounds. She is eating and moving around still but not sure if I should continue to be concerned.
Soaking tubs usually have high sides to prevent the tortoise from climbing out. If your tortoise was able to climb in, then you must be using something else? What sort of tub is it?

Resting in water over night should do no harm to a tortoise. Many people have forgotten a soaking tortoise overnight, and aside from the cold, it does no harm.

Might the "blood" be color from something in the water? Kind of like when you make tea? I would gently pat the underside of the tortoise with a clean white paper towel and see if you can determine where any blood might have come from.

Reactions: Ink