my two years sulcata tortoise

kcanales1

how can I know the gender of my tortoise?

Attachments

• IMG_3704.JPG
    IMG_3704.JPG
    245.8 KB · Views: 29

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Its still too young to tell, but in a year or two you can post pics showing the tail and anal scutes, and we should be able to tell by then.

When they are still immature, the mails will have a much larger tail than females. When males start reaching maturity, they will usually have enlarged gular scutes and plastron concavity. Mature females will have "U" shaped anal scutes, while mature males will have a wide "V" shape to their anal scutes.

kcanales1

Its still too young to tell, but in a year or two you can post pics showing the tail and anal scutes, and we should be able to tell by then.

When they are still immature, the mails will have a much larger tail than females. When males start reaching maturity, they will usually have enlarged gular scutes and plastron concavity. Mature females will have "U" shaped anal scutes, while mature males will have a wide "V" shape to their anal scutes.
Ooh thank you for letting me know.
I have 2 sulcata. I hope one ends up being a girl and the other one a boy!! :))

kcanales1

When he was younger my moms dog buy him/her and the two pointy thing from the plastron are growing to the side... Will that affect him in the future? Would it bother him/her to walk?