My Yellowfoot finally laid!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tortoise Farm
June 1st she started nesting. June 9 and 14th dug some test holes. Was starting to get worried because of all this talk about egg binding if they retain their eggs and so on. Then nothing until the 10th and 11th of July...Test holes and more test holes. I did everything. I made her a nesting sight with peat moss, dirt and sand mixture with cypress on top. I took the others out so she could feel safe. I left her alone unless I was soaking her or feeding her. Calcium supplements etc. Anyway I am excited to say she FINALLY laid her 3 HUGE eggs. I don't even care if they are viable at this point. I can sleep better now knowing she laid and she is safe:) YAY FOR MY KATIE

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Thats awesome congrats. And they are big eggs too arent they? It amazes me how much bigger they are than even my sulcata eggs. Hope they hatch.

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Farm
Thank you! Yeah! They are huge. Way bigger than my sulcata eggs. I didn't know they were that big lol.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's good news! Took quite a while.

My young female laid 7 eggs a couple days ago.

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Farm
I'll try and get a picture of a yellowfoot egg next to a sulcata egg if I can figure out how lol

Status
Not open for further replies.