Myyyyy Preciousssssss.... (my new baby!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
About a week ago Danny was posting pictures of baby Greek tortoises. Then someone else was posting pics of their baby tortoise. I have had baby tortoise envy for a while now, and was seriously thinking that I was just going to fall over dead if I did not get a baby of my own soon, and had posted something to that effect, lol.

I have never had a true baby tortoise. Even my "baby" Hingeback and Redfoot are a couple of years old each. I have always wanted a hatchling. All I have ever had were juvies, sub-adults and adults.

So, Danny decided he couldn't let me just up and die, lol. The baby that I was admiring in his thread was a Jordanian/Antakyan cross. He happened to have one available...

The little guy shipped yesterday, so I was all on pins and needles, waiting. This morning I had my alarm set so I could be up and make sure not to miss the UPS truck. I checked my tracking at 8:30, and it said "Exception." Apparently there was a delay in Lansing, MI, due to heavy fog. I of course started to stress. Finally, at 9:58, it said out for delivery. I waited. I waited some more. Outside the temperature steadily grew hotter and hotter... Finally I got on the phone and called the UPS Store here in town. They got RIGHT on it, tracked the truck down, a manager went and got the package and drove it to my house! I was really impressed.

So do you all want to see what was in that package? I knew intellectually that it was going to be small, but I wasn't really prepared for what I actually got. I am so in love.

KristinasPictures3868-1.jpg

KristinasPictures3869.jpg

He wasn't too keen on posing for me at first...

KristinasPictures3878.jpg

But we finally got there :)

KristinasPictures3877.jpg

I took him outside for just a second to take a couple more pics...

KristinasPictures3873.jpg

KristinasPictures3875.jpg

KristinasPictures3874.jpg

KristinasPictures3872.jpg

I do have a little area set up for him to get some supervised outside time... I'll get some pics of that too soon.

And just a couple more...

KristinasPictures3880.jpg

And enjoying a post-shipping meal :)

KristinasPictures3879.jpg

I had to order aspen bedding, so right now he is set up in a sweater box with paper towels and a pile of timothy at either end. Towards the warm end I also have a little plastic flowerpot cut in half and stuffed with damp moss.

He is sooooo cute.... I just can't believe he is mine!!! (Can you guys tell I am totally geeked out? LOL!)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Very cute...congratulations on curing your'fix' ;)

HarleyK

5 Year Member
I like how he has the same pose in all the pictures haha.....

LadyGreek

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, California
SEEEEEEEE.........I told you that u were not going to die and that you would get a baby soon!!!! I had your back the whole time!!!!:D
Now we have our baby Greeks together!!! I'm so hooked I'm already thinking about getting another one! :p

CONGRATS KRISTINA!!!!!:D

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Thanks you guys! He is so completely precious. I am really rather upset that I have to be at work right now, and can't just sit and watch him, even if it is only watching him sleep! I left my husband home to babysit, lol.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
OK...I had to put a cold rag on my head, I'm sweating and my heart is beating a mile a minute. I can't look at that baby any more. I never saw anything so cute and LITTLE!! I have to make myself a cosmopolitan now.

LadyGreek

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, California
terryo said:
OK...I had to put a cold rag on my head, I'm sweating and my heart is beating a mile a minute. I can't look at that baby any more. I never saw anything so cute and LITTLE!! I have to make myself a cosmopolitan now.

MAKE ME ONE TOO TERRY!!!:D I already fell out because of this ULTRA beautiful little baby!!!!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
I'm glad she made it just fine :D

They come out smaller than any of my other Greeks. She was tiny when she hatched. :p I didn't tell you how small she was to suprise you and it looks like I did :D

The pictures look great. :)

Danny

-JM

5 Year Member
He's so cute~
I'm glad you got your cure!
Me, I'm about to die, without a foreseeable cure. It's a sad place to be! Pics often, please. I'm living vicariously!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Hmmm, I know you usually mean it when you say "he" or "she" Danny, so I am to assume that you believe her to be, well, a her? LOL

I will definitely be taking more pics, very very soon. She is actually going on a "mini-vacation" with me this weekend. My adult torts will be fine, but this little squirt is coming along, lol.

I need to find a name....

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
egyptiandan said:
Yes I am thinking female :D

Danny

Well that makes naming a bit easier - I am leaning towards Tirzah, but not set on it yet :) Thank you so much for everything, Danny!

terryo said:

By the way, that is hilarious. She is absolutely minute. I can't hardly believe that when I get home, this little thing will be there!

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
I remember how anxious I was for Betty to get here when Dan shipped her to me! I know exactly how you feel & it's well worth the wait! She is so adorable!!!!!!! Congrats on the new baby : D

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I don't know how I missed this thread. Congratulations on getting this little precious bundle of tortoise from Danny. She is about the cutest thing I've ever seen. ;) I'm glad that you got your baby that you wanted.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Thanks ;)

We are actually out of town for the weekend, so I brought her with me so I could make sure she was eating, drinking and remaining upright, lol. My father-in-law is keeping an eye on the big torts. So far she is doing great on her little vacation!

Status
Not open for further replies.