Ned's shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

batchick

5 Year Member
Ned has been hunkering down in various spots in our garden, mainly digging himself a little into the leaves and soil under shrubs, but we found that he'd also taken a liking to the pile of branches we'd chopped from trees. Unfortunately we had to cut them all up for firewood last weekend and so he was going to be disappointed. My hubby made him two little Ned Sheds within the newly chopped firewood and put leaves and stuff inside. The other day he went for a discover and seemed miffed his pile was gone and then found the Ned Shed. One yawn and straight in. He scuffled in there for ages getting it quite right and then lights out.
It sits under the eaves of the house and is upslope, so should be a decent spot even in winter (but we're still building better places elsewhere in the garden and are going to make it more waterproof on top).
Love how he sleeps with his back feet sticking out.

Attachments

• IMG_5401.jpg
    IMG_5401.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_5404.jpg
    IMG_5404.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 97

batchick

5 Year Member
Laura, I will make a more snugly place, but we are in the location where his type of tortoise naturally live. So, we're figuring if his winter spot is as snug as anything he'd have outsider of our walls, he should be fine.
I do put myself out here to be corrected and learn though.

Status
Not open for further replies.