Spring has sprung

batchick

5 Year Member
I've not posted in quite some time, but Ned (our Chersina Angulata - now recognised as the "most obstreperous tortoise" our vet has ever met) is enjoying spring in Cape Town. I captured this great shot of him as he bimbled over to eat the hibiscus flowers I plucked from our trees.

(Ned is wild born and came to us quite by accident. We have followed the local permitting laws and since he arrived almost 5 years ago, we've done significant re-planting of our garden to make sure he has plenty to forage from - and because it is environmentally more sustainable to grow indigenous)

Attachments

• IMG_2109.JPG
    IMG_2109.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 32

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Nice. I wish spring was here. We are entering into fall real soon, ugh. Beautiful tort

batchick

5 Year Member
Sorry - Didn't mean to rub it in. Our winters are nowhere near in the same category as yours in Illinois, but it is still nice to feel the sun on your back.

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
What a pretty tort! :) Gotta love the Hibiscus flowers!

batchick

5 Year Member
Mutual appreciation. My boy loves feeding Ned his flowers and Ned doesn't seem to mind. Had to stop my boy before Ned ended up looking like the girl from American Beauty, surrounded by flowers.

Attachments

• IMG_2186.JPG
    IMG_2186.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 3

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Aww, he definitely knows what tortoises love now!!