Need help on the Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

technics1200mk

5 Year Member
Aloha from Kauai,
I have been researching a pet for my family, 10yr & 8yr girls and 4yr and 4months boys. Its mainly for the 8yr but Ive had many types of pet when i was a child and never a tortoise, so it could be for me too. Living in Hawaii and a smaller island to boot, Ive had no luck in finding any. I think we want a Sri Lankan Star Tortoise. Also considered breeding them as well. So my questions are: Is this a good choice for the fam?
Do you know any local breeders? Can they be breed?

Mahalo

technics1200mk

5 Year Member
Thank you Emysemys for the link. Have you used them before? I went to the website and it seamed new there was a review page but no reviews for them. The only way to contact them is email, I did. I am looking for star Tortoise and they are out of stock of those breeds. Thinking I might have to get them shipped from California.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
You would likely need them shipped to you if you are interested in a star tortoise. I don't know how things are on Kauai, but we've received tortoises from and shipped to Maui, so it should be possible. You will likely have to jump through a few hoops. Paul at Mauitortoise.com should be able to tell you all you need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.