Need Help, PLEASE...Hurt Baby

Mrs Southern

Just an update since you all seq so nice to help. Found a vet 30 minutes from here. He's doing OK it seems but not moving around much so taking him in today.

Ashes

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
Oh good!! Let us know how the vet goes!!

Mrs Southern

So took him in, they kept him over night so the more experienced Vet could check him out today to do a repair on his shell today sometime (the under side... Sorry not familiar with all the terminology yet lol). Going to give him antibiotics of course. But overall I think he's going to be OK!

Kele7710

5 Year Member
Hi I have just recovered from the same thing, my tort was in vets for a week then went in twice a week for dressing change and antibiotics, then he had a resin support on shell until shell had hardened and bone underneath had healed, now he is fine just got war wounds but he's doing good and gaining healthy weight, I hope all goes ok with your baby

Mrs Southern

Yea! Great news is that they are going to just keep him/her for a few more days for us (no cost for keeping him!) And just dosing him with antibiotics over the next couple of weeks. No surgery, no major damage that needs any real repair! I really appreciate all of your responses and help!

Kele7710

5 Year Member
Yea! Great news is that they are going to just keep him/her for a few more days for us (no cost for keeping him!) And just dosing him with antibiotics over the next couple of weeks. No surgery, no major damage that needs any real repair! I really appreciate all of your responses and help!
Yay brill news, very lucky tort :)

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Yes, that is great news. It is going to be interesting to see how that plastron injury heals up. Please keep us posted.

Mrs Southern

I'm very heavy hearted to report that our little baby died this morning. We did everything we could to help it along. Thank you all so very much for your time and help in our situation.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh, that's really sad. Its hard to lose them, but doubly hard when you've tried so hard to get him well.

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
Oh no!!! :( I'm so sorry to hear this....

Mrs Southern

Yes, it's hard. I never thought I'd cry over a tortoise. Lol Thank you all for so many kind words.