Need ideas for structure for 80lb tort.

CEvans

Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix
I am looking for some plans on how to make a large outdoor structure for my 80lb tortoise. This will be mostly for his winter time so he has a warm place to sleep when our temps get into the 40s and lower. I have an outdoor outlet near by to set up heat lamps.

I thought I saw a nice structure on here last fall that someone built with insulation and a lid that opens like a toy box.
I want to get it built soon so he also will use it for the hot summer months to stay cool in .

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I am looking for some plans on how to make a large outdoor structure for my 80lb tortoise. This will be mostly for his winter time so he has a warm place to sleep when our temps get into the 40s and lower. I have an outdoor outlet near by to set up heat lamps.

I thought I saw a nice structure on here last fall that someone built with insulation and a lid that opens like a toy box.
I want to get it built soon so he also will use it for the hot summer months to stay cool in .
Wow. Your tortoise is within 10 pounds as big as me. You are so blessed. I wish I could do one that size but I can't. I'm sure you'll find ideas here on Tortoise Forum though..