Need Some Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Napalmseth

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Coral Springs, FL.
As some of you have already read, I have been looking to rehome my sulcata Grumpy. He's a 4 month old baby that is full of life. ALDABRAMAN has been more than gracious and offered to help me rehome him(Thank you sir). Here is where I need some advice. Today I took Grumpy to the vet for his final deworming. The vet was also trying to help me rehome him. I had asked her before I found this forum. She suggested I keep him for a few years because I never know where I'm going to be by the time he's too big to be kept on a table indoors. My dilemma is obvious, do I do it now or later.... I know you guys and gals can't make my decision for me, but any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance. I'm confused...

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
its a personal decision. If you can provide for him now and he isnt lacking for what he needs.. and you want to keep him for a bit, then do it.. If you think you will get more attached and it will be too hard.. then do it now.
Really, only you know that.. :)
I dont think it matters to the tort. In a few years, he will be able to be housed outside full time. so either you would be putting him in a new enclosure or someone else will.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
:tort: Would not hurt to keep him for awhile, maybe things will change and you can keep him forever. You can always rehome him later and at least this way you can make sure the deworming issue is for sure gone. If you are at all unsure, best to think about it for awhile. You can always rehome him, however once he is gone, it is forever!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
they grow at different rates, mine were all bigger when they got here. but Id say by 3 years.. he should be outside.. he needs out door time Now too.. its best. ..
Since you have the pancakes too.. you might want to place him now and give all yout time and energy to them..
its up to you..
:)

sara

5 Year Member
Wyoming
I had to make a difficult decision too about my bert. I got alot of great advice from alot of folks. My delema was that i was moveing to alaska. I knew it wasnt a great place for a red foot, yet i just adored him soo much, it broke my heart to have to re home him. But in the end I had to do what was best for him. He now lives in warm sunny florida while i am freezing in alaska! Much as i miss him, it was the best decision. And on a plus side, I get regular updates and photos of him!!!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
This is what I would do personally, I would keep him provided I could provide a good home,and see what happens in the next couple of years.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Since you are on the forum here with us and getting all the knowledge that is shared here. I say you keep him awhile and give him a good head start. Once he's 6-8" long and nice and healthy and smooth, it will be very easy to find a home if need be.

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
I think that you have to make that decision on your own, way the pros and cons,
I know how you feel i have the same problem with another animal of mine, do i keep her or swap her.
o what is best for Grumpy..;)

Status
Not open for further replies.