Nelson is now 7-months old

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
FL
My little man is growing up so fast!
Nelson is 7-months old and is a happy, active little guy with a hearty appetite.
He is so much more active now that he is older, and he's awake most of the day now. I'm definitely going to have to build him a bigger enclosure in the spring!

100_4734.jpg

100_4778.jpg

I just remodeled his enclosure a little- made the substrate deeper on the warm side, built up a hill next to his half log, etc.
100_4787.jpg

100_4811.jpg

100_4829.jpg

100_4838.jpg

The second I fill up his water dish every morning he drinks and drinks!
100_4846.jpg

Exploring...don't worry, my puppy doesn't touch him. She's very interested in him but when she's within inches of him she sprints back to me :rolleyes:
100_4849.jpg

100_4858.jpg

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
He's stunning Katie! What a flawless growing boy! I'd check your walmart, and if they have the chirstmas tree bins, grab one and save it for spring. I got one for little Novalee but she's only 4.5 months old, and def not big enough yet!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Wow I thought he was a Greek Tortoise not a Russian. Oh my gosh he is beautiful. What a cute little face he has. I can't believe he drinks when you fill up his bowl. I never see Dale drink water. I also love his name "Nelson" it sounds so cute. Great pictures thanks. :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Your enclosure is fantastic! What a great home you gave him. Of course he's growing up so nice. He's beautiful.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Katie, he just keeps getting cuter and cuter! I like the second pic the best. He looks like a little king.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Katie,
Nelson is adorable and his shell is perfect. You are doing a very good job with him and I love his enclosure :D

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
He looks like a very happy little guy =] His shell looks awesome!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
mctlong said:
Katie, he just keeps getting cuter and cuter! I like the second pic the best. He looks like a little king.

Everybody else got here first and bestowed all of the compliments I wanted to express! No fair.;)

I'm with Shelly--though all the photos are excellent, that second one is just that hair cuter than the first one for illustrating a "well-adapted, good-feeding reptile", as per Dr. Mader!:p

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
Looks like you've been doing a really good job =) I'm jealous of that big flat rock you have

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
DoctorCosmonaut said:
Looks like you've been doing a really good job =) I'm jealous of that big flat rock you have

Thanks! I found that rock when I was visiting relatives in rural Michigan. There are TONS of rock piles everywhere because they clear the fields of rocks before planting corn. I made my family come with me to search for the perfect flat rock ;)

Merrit321

5 Year Member
Chalmette, LA
Aww, he looks so used to you! I may put rocks in the bottom of my water dish now too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.