Nelson's New Enclosure!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
FL
He just moved in two days ago so he's still getting used to his new casa ;) He has been exploring a bit more today and even ventured over to the cool side for the first time!

It's still not completely furnished how I'd like it (a little bare in some places) but this will give you an idea!

(oh and I know the blue plastic looks tacky and messy...thank you mother)

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

Warm side
IMG_0439.jpg

Cool side
IMG_0444.jpg

Enjoying his new forest
IMG_0455.jpg

He's currently walking the perimeter of the enclosure so I think he's starting to get used to it! :D

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Really nice enclosure, I love it. You and your mom did a very good job! It looks really nice with all the plants and hides :D

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I have those exact same fake plants from your last photo! Hobby Lobby! Hah! ;)

Once again, I found myself thinking that Nelson was an incredible acrobat to get himself up on that red hide, and he sure looked bigger in that picture and kind of a different color...:rolleyes:

It's so endearing the way they "take a turn" around the outside edges of their enclosure to determine its boundaries. Judging from the "Nelson in a food saucer" for scale, it looks to be the perfect size. How's his rehab coming along? :p

[Isa, we tied for getting our posts up! And it's funny because it was your little ceramic "Hermie" that fooled me before! ;) ]

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
That's a great enclosure! I used to use the same hide as your red one for Pio when he was little.

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
Bare? I'd live there if I was his size.

Lots of hides, shade, obstacles to traverse. You could add some more live plants like a window plant saucer of seeds of various plants on the list.

From above it looks like there is plenty of room for him to lap the track. Nice habitat!

Tell Mom, nice staple work. Her poor hands, they deserve the spa.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Stephanie Logan said:
I have those exact same fake plants from your last photo! Hobby Lobby! Hah! ;)

haha yes! They were all over the store because they use them for decorations. SO cheap too!

Stephanie Logan said:
Once again, I found myself thinking that Nelson was an incredible acrobat to get himself up on that red hide, and he sure looked bigger in that picture and kind of a different color...:rolleyes:

I do the same thing! Every time I glance into his enclosure I have to do a double-take...and it looks nothing like him haha. I had a smaller tortoise figurine next to his old enclosure on my dresser and I had to move it eventually because I kept having panic attacks when I would glance over and see him on the edge of my dresser :rolleyes:

webskipper said:
Bare? I'd live there if I was his size.

Lots of hides, shade, obstacles to traverse. You could add some more live plants like a window plant saucer of seeds of various plants on the list.

Really it's just the one corner on the cool side that bothers me!
And I plan on adding live plants. I bought some edible plants from Home Depot but I need to let them sit out for a few months. In the mean time I should plant a saucer of seeds!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Don't worry about the blue sky all around the habitat. You both did a nice job. Mom deserves a night out to dinner, your treat.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
The blue does give it a little color...I guess it's not terrible ;)
And I'm broke after buying the supplies for the enclosure...I'll make her a nice dinner instead ;) Not being able to work because of student teaching is kicking my butt!

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
It looks beautiful! And on a side note, I can't see any of your "imperfections" you spoke of a couple threads ago :) Good job!

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
ChiKat said:
Really it's just the one corner on the cool side that bothers me!

It doesn't matter how you decorate, just leave the huts facing the same way so they can enter the same way. I have been told that they do not like their hides rotated.

Torts and Turtles are like tanks, they'll stop at little to get where they are going. They'll redecorate their way.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
He mostly just slept the first two days but now he's back to being an active little man :) I'm glad he's adjusting so well to his new home!
I'll have to post more pictures later.

Jenilyn

5 Year Member
Michigan
katie!!!!! LOL I didnt know you were here too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
hahaha small world! We joined right around the same time too- weird!
Now you just need to get yourself a tortoise! :D

Jenilyn

5 Year Member
Michigan
we joined around the same time you made me want mine so i started looking haha.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This isn't the right place for this, and I apologize to Chikat for inserting this in her thread...but Jenilyn has only posted here!

Jenilyn:
627934h3x01c7mhq.gif

to the forum!!

Jenilyn

5 Year Member
Michigan
haha thank you! turns out her and I knew eachother from another forum :)

jackiedots

5 Year Member
Dorset England
ChiKat said:
He just moved in two days ago so he's still getting used to his new casa ;) He has been exploring a bit more today and even ventured over to the cool side for the first time!

It's still not completely furnished how I'd like it (a little bare in some places) but this will give you an idea!

(oh and I know the blue plastic looks tacky and messy...thank you mother)

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

Warm side
IMG_0439.jpg

Cool side
IMG_0444.jpg

Enjoying his new forest
IMG_0455.jpg

He's currently walking the perimeter of the enclosure so I think he's starting to get used to it! :D

It looks great and he is such a cute tort. Lovely photos. There are lots of places for him to explore. He must be really happy with the move. I am pleased that you mentioned that he was inactive for a few days because the same has happened with mine. I spend all of my time willing them to get up so that I can watch them. I am off work for a week and am spending almost all of my time sitting watching and waiting !!! Last night at about 9 pm one of them did about 6 circuits so I was happier.

Jackie
xx

Status
Not open for further replies.