Nervous mom LOL

Ok, kind of acting like a nervous new mom, but my animal babies mean a lot to me. Planning on getting a Hermann at the end of the month and getting some opinions. On food -. We live in an area where dandelions, clover, thistles, etc are plentiful. I also have planted specifically for a tortoise, couple of edible cactus, desert weeds, wheat grass, hens n chicks, Christmas cactus, germanium, hibiscus, petunia. Yes some of those are just for occasional treats. I have cuttle bones and powder calcium with d3. I have a couple different size Terra cotta saucers to make sure a I have good size to use for water once I see what will work safely for the Herman that arrives. Any thoughts or ideas from more seasoned Hermann parents??

Rue

Location (City and/or State)
Canada
Sounds good! You are much better prepared than I was. As things turned out, we picked our baby up the week before I had planned to pick her up.

It still all worked out. :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Now get your enclosure, heat, lighting and humidity correct before bring your new one home.

It's nice to see a new member getting prepared before actually taking on a tortoise.
So few of us did so.
I should have everything else taken care of. It's not that I'm so prepared as I've been working on this for 2 years, LOL. When I thought it was a good time to get one, something would happen that I would have to put it off. One time I had things in line and there weren't any Hermanns available at that time. So I'm hoping after 2 years of waiting I should have things in order the best I can. I am really looking forward to it and yes I having a feeling I will still have a lot of learning to do after the little one arrives :)