emysemys said:
"...Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl
With yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to there
She would merengue and do the cha-cha
And while she tried to be a star, Tony always tended bar
Across a crowded floor, they worked from 8 till 4
They were young and they had each other
Who could ask for more?"

Yvonne-- I love Barry Manilow and I'm not ashamed to say it. :D I grew up with my Mom always singing either Barry Manilow or Neil Diamond. I haven't taken her to see Barry yet but a number of years ago I surprised her with Neil Diamond tickets for her birthday. I told her I wanted to take her out to dinner just us girls. Then I suggested we drive around a bit just for some time to talk. I started driving out towards Arco Arena and when she realized where we were she asked where we were going. That's when I handed her the envelope with the tickets. She opened it and screamed! We had seats about 4 rows away from the stage. It was super funny to see her get giddy when he came out. And we sang our way through each and every song including America! and the love songs. I will never forget it.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Rocklin, CA
Here's an update on Lola: She is currently just shy of 4" SCL and weighs 6.05 oz or 171.5 grams. I am wondering about her growth though. She has the split scutes and there are a couple places where it seems like the scutes are stuck together. There's growth all around them, but not inbetween them. The rest of her growth is awesome, I think. It seems very smooth. Anybody have a clue what's going on or what I can expect in the future?
DSC03398.jpg

DSC03400.jpg

DSC03401.jpg

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
Zamric said:
Is Lola getting enough Calcium?

I'm thinking so. I give her dark leafy greens and sprinkle calcium on her greens. She also gets Mazuri a couple of times a week.

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
My little one has a split scute and her growth looks like yours does. On the side of the shell with the extra scute it seems cramped. I think her shell looks good and normal.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Oh my she has a really cute face! I think the name Lola fits her so I hope she does not turn out to be a boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.