New Addition!

TomAlicia

5 Year Member
Achilles is actually my miracle baby...we brought him back from the brink of death...a few days after I got him I noticed he was not as active...not eating...his head flopped from side to side when I picked him up...took him to the vet...he was dehydrated...he gave him shots...vet thought he wouldn't make it...

TerriTurtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wyoming
Wow. That must have been heartbreaking and scary for you. It also explains the smile on his face in the picture where you're holding him! He's happy to be alive, and lucky to have you as his dedicated owner!!

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
TomAlicia said:
Achilles is actually my miracle baby...we brought him back from the brink of death...a few days after I got him I noticed he was not as active...not eating...his head flopped from side to side when I picked him up...took him to the vet...he was dehydrated...he gave him shots...vet thought he wouldn't make it...

I almost vomited when I read that. I'm so thankful you rescued him!

TomAlicia

5 Year Member
It was heart breaking...his previous owner sold him because her kids left the responsibility on her...he shouldn't have been the responsibility of a six and 8 year old to begin with!! I wish everyone understood that they're not a pet that's just cool to have...if you can't afford what they need (time/money/space) you shouldn't take up the responsibility either...it makes me sad... =( thank you guys...my rant is over... =)

So that's a reason I got one to start from scratch and not trying to correct others mistakes...it's too sad

TerriTurtle

5 Year Member
Wyoming
I agree with you 100%!! But remember how lucky the ones you rescued are to have you too!! ;)

TomAlicia said:
It was heart breaking...his previous owner sold him because her kids left the responsibility on her...he shouldn't have been the responsibility of a six and 8 year old to begin with!! I wish everyone understood that they're not a pet that's just cool to have...if you can't afford what they need (time/money/space) you shouldn't take up the responsibility either...it makes me sad... =( thank you guys...my rant is over... =)

So that's a reason I got one to start from scratch and not trying to correct others mistakes...it's too sad