New and researching...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradandTara

5 Year Member
Hey, everyone.

My name is Brad. Myself and my girlfriend, Tara, have been doing some dilligent research and have decided to take the plunge on tortoises. Before I go any farther, here's some background on myself.

I am a veteran herper, but still fairly new to the world of tortoises. I had a baby leopard a few years ago, but due to unforseen circumstances, I had to do a lot of moving around in a very short time, and sent her to live with a friend of mine. When I finally got settled, I went and checked out her living conditions. The family was so attached to her, and she was thriving, and I didn't have the heart to separate them. Then, when our daughter was born, I decided it would be a good time to take a break from herping and spend some time settling into the role of fatherhood(a blast, I gotta say).

My previous herping experience consists primarily of boids from the Morelia and Corralus genus. With a young daughter now in the family, I'm more hesitant about aggressive snakes. However, even before my leopard, tortoises always captivated me.

Anyway, we've pretty well settled on a redfoot. They seem to be largely available in our area, and the adult size, coloration, diet, and requirements for them seem to suit our abilities quite nicely. The only other species that we seriously considered was an Indian Star, but their price is slightly restrictive, and I understand that one should have some experience with tortoises before owning them.

Anyway, this is just an introduction. At this point, we're still in the research and planning stages, and have no tortoises to speak of. But we're both fairly eager and pretty determined, so expect to hear from us again.

Brad

dreadyA

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southern cal.
Welcome brad and tarra:]
This forum is awesome, you have come to the right place.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Welcome to the forum Brad and Tara :)

Danny

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome! I think you will be happy with your choice of Redfoots, they are wonderful critters. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Brad:

I'd like to welcome you and Tara to the forum!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Welcome. I can't think of a tortoise species that I DON'T like, so I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you choose. What part of the world do you live in? My local environment has always played a part in steering my choices for which species I choose to keep. Good luck to you and Happy Torting.

Status
Not open for further replies.