New behavior, is it normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoise_addict

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
My female ornate "Wallie" has started a new behavior. She has always stuck to her strict routine (one she made) but has not left her water bowl for the last 4 days. She spends about 5-6 hours at a time just sitting in there, when she crawls out I change the water and before I know it she is back in her water. This is a complete new behavior for her. She usually just soaks in the morning before she eats and has always done that.
She looks relaxed when in her water but I am not sure if it is a sign of something? Is this a normal boxie thing or should I be worried?
2-9-09dragons003.jpg

2-9-09dragons004.jpg

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
It's normal :D I have a male that does that, especially when the humidity is low.

Danny

tortoise_addict

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ahhh, good to know. I was wondering if maybe she was getting sick or something.
She does look awfully relaxed when soaking. Thanks for the quick reply.

M

Maggie Cummings

She is beautiful. I have a small colony of box turtles and the Ornata are my favorite. They are such easy keepers and they have great personalities. I have one that has a back leg cut off so she's relatively spoiled and she is a beggar and when I see that sweet begging face looking up at me, I always have to get the tweezers and feed her a few super worms. I use the tweezers because she bites really hard and if she misses the worm and gets my finger it really hurts...the 3-toed don't even acknowledge my existence

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
its pretty normal, do you just have one? some box turtles stay in the water when they get gravid, SOme just hang out because box turtle love water.

Status
Not open for further replies.