New box turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
thelub said:
Good good :) Any worms will suffice. I just noticed that mine has a special love for blood worms. If you have a good earthy substrate you can put some earth worms in it and your tort will be able to hunt and dig for them. I also have put in some pill bugs from the yard and I also bought some crickets that he loves hunting. Its good to get a variety of protein and something they can hunt for to keep them occupied.

I agree.

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
Rover15 said:
There are maybe 2 more places I can check in my city but I was looking online and came upshort

I bought these at PJ's Pets Centre but any pet store that sells fish should have them in the fish and aquarium section in a freezer. They are packaged as fish food so if you mention you want to feed them to a turtle, be prepared to have a very confused employee on your hands. They usually have label-based product knowledge so any other use confuses them.

And once every couple weeks or so, I drop a small goldfish or minnow in her soak water, for added exercise and a show, so fun to watch the hunt!

Attachments

• image-1623794539.png
    image-1623794539.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 7

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
diaboliqueturtle said:
Rover15 said:
There are maybe 2 more places I can check in my city but I was looking online and came upshort

I bought these at PJ's Pets Centre but any pet store that sells fish should have them in the fish and aquarium section in a freezer. They are packaged as fish food so if you mention you want to feed them to a turtle, be prepared to have a very confused employee on your hands. They usually have label-based product knowledge so any other use confuses them.

And once every couple weeks or so, I drop a small goldfish or minnow in her soak water, for added exercise and a show, so fun to watch the hunt!

Thank you I'll have to check big als they are a big enough place they should have them thank you and the picture helps a lot as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.