New Cherry Head rescue... Removing gorilla glue from bottom of shell?

GingerRaph

Location (City and/or State)
Tacoma, WA
UPDATE: We had our first vet appointment last Tuesday and I mentioned the glued on wheels. She wiggled them a little bit, saw that there was some flex on it (probably from the soaks we have been giving him) and she just pulled it off. She used more torque then I would have but it took less than I thought it would. The bulk of the wheels were held on by hot glue like I thought. Regardless, it didn't seem to hurt him much if at all and he's walking around the yard and using his back legs!

She also gave him an injection (vitamin A and other stuff) and he seems to be more energized when walking.

Just wanted to share!

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
She also gave him an injection (vitamin A and other stuff) and he seems to be more energized when walking
What other stuff did the injection include? At least vitamin A was probably unnecessary since vitamin A deficiency is rare. I doubt the injection will be harmful but I would let the more experienced members judge that. @Yvonne G @Tom

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
UPDATE: We had our first vet appointment last Tuesday and I mentioned the glued on wheels. She wiggled them a little bit, saw that there was some flex on it (probably from the soaks we have been giving him) and she just pulled it off. She used more torque then I would have but it took less than I thought it would. The bulk of the wheels were held on by hot glue like I thought. Regardless, it didn't seem to hurt him much if at all and he's walking around the yard and using his back legs!

She also gave him an injection (vitamin A and other stuff) and he seems to be more energized when walking.

Just wanted to share!
I so glad to hear they got the wheels off! And that he’s using his legs more! Thanks for the update!

Just a heads up, vitamin injections are not necessary, as mentioned about vitamin A deficiency is rare in tortoises, even then I’d run a blood test before giving any kind of injection.
Unfortunately most vets are not up to date on how to appropriately treat them, far too many offer out vitamin injections willy nilly, they can do much more harm than good.

Hopefully it wasn’t a high enough dose to be of any bother, but in the future, definitely avoid them, if you could let us know what else was injected that would be good