COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Yikes….another HOT one in store. I’m sitting watching USA vs Morocco in men’s “football”.

View attachment 376163
We got pretty bad storms last night and I slept through it all. Lancaster got at least an inch of rain. So it's been cooler 😎 yeah!!! However, it did some damage to trees, roofs, etc around here. I had to get out and about and saw some of it.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Our fancy hibiscus plant finally decided to bloom! Last year it ran out of time.

View attachment 376143
I bought my hibiscus about 4 years ago and until this year all it's managed to produce is 1 or 2 measly blooms. This year it's covered in buds and when they flower they are quite big. All I did was move the pot to a sunnier spot, it obviously didn't like where it was before even though that was also in the sun.
I'm going to see if Lola enjoys a flower or two.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Tilly and Alfie like the ball with a rope attached or just a rope with a knot on the end so they can shake and throw it about themselves and enjoy a tug of war.
Mr Fre has some like that but his favorite game is retrieving a tossed ball. And he takes turns with the people present. He makes us all work 😂 tossing his ball so he can fetch it.🙃

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Good afternoon/evening all.
It's been cooler today with stronger winds which have been nice, and refreshing but no thunderstorms. We've also had some rain which dampens the dust and is great for the wildlife.
Lola hasn't been outside today, I think he could sense the change and was playing it safe.🙂
The hedgehog's cough seems to be a bit better today. I've been outside a lot and haven't heard him as much. I hope so 🤞but I'll still get a test done when I'm sure which poop is his.
The weekend is here again, I hope it's a good one for everyone.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Good evening everyone!

On Tuesday Jacky and I saw an air ambulance trying to land and then we saw a police helicopter hovering for a couple of hours. I later found out that someone had placed an advert on social media saying that there will be a party on Southend Seafront bring your drink and drugs. A massive gang turned up and several groups were fighting with machetes. It spread from the seafront to the high street and all I can say is that I was glad that the shop where I work was within walking distance of my flat and that I didn't have to go near the town centre!

Natrah
I hadn't heard about that but just saw that a Sunderland police station was set alight during some sort of riot. We live in a scary world with too many louts with too much time on their hands just looking for trouble.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I agree with Y, Ray's foot looks very painful. I feel a little guilty for crying so much about my shoulder.....for basically nothing. Ya'll know it won't stop me from b*tchin, just that I feel a little guilty.

Ms Cathie made me spit my coffee out this morning at the screen with;

"I'll have to buy him some new balls. "
LOL makes me wonder what kind of conversations Kerry is having with HER friends!

Well the comedy show was good, Aunt Pat loved the raunch(thank God she wasn't mortified)and my back hated the 4 legged stools they use instead of chairs, for three hours. Poor P:ete bombed but he failed to read the room....his "woke set" talking about his social justice protests & living in the Petworth community ( a very posh self-described progressive area) in DC just didn't resonate in a redneck bar in Pasadena Md. Gee.....who da thunk? Aw well, the Black lez put the room on the floor laughing.....so it isn't like it was a tough room, he just sucked last night. We love him anyway and we had a good time. They all worked for tips.....because they have to keep their names out there, to stay on the circuit. It isn't the kind of life I would want but it's cool they do. I doubt the tips covered their gas though.

Kerry's Dad and brother are coming today, the brother is going to install the doors here. Yes, these are the heavy and solid wood doors Kerry stole from my house before we sold it. We ONLY have 1 bathroom door installed in the whole house right now!