New Christmas Housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
OK, I finally got it built and in the house and Echo and Ajax are well enough to go into it now. I may place a dividing line so they may each have their own space.

size is 48 inches x 59 inches
The aquarium thingie in the upper left corner is were I was housing them when they were really ill. it is 24inchs x 24 inches.
[IMG=640x480]http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff78/crazzy1-/2007_1220concert0080.jpg[/IMG]

The black container on top of the hide is were Comet is housed - Yes they can walk behind the ceramic hide and under the black container.
[IMG=640x480]http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff78/crazzy1-/2007_1220concert0088.jpg[/IMG]

First meal in their new Digs - The substrait they are on is half sand and coco fiber and the pellet looking stuff is Critter Country -it is compressed wheat hay, Ingestable and digestable.
[IMG=640x480]http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff78/crazzy1-/2007_1220concert0111.jpg[/IMG]

Just a close-up of Comet pretending she’s a lettuce leaf :)
[IMG=640x480]http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff78/crazzy1-/2007_1220concert0106.jpg[/IMG]

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Great pics! Good job. I have never heard of that substrate before.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
jlyoncc1 said:
Great pics! Good job. I have never heard of that substrate before.

Thanks Dee.
I had heard there was one out there but I didn't know the name. I found it at Petco
The link is www.mtnmeadowspet.com
Phone 800-752-8864

States "it is safe for reptiles, environmentally friendly, made of palletized straw. Is an all grass fiber pellet that will pass through the digestive systems safely if ingested (it's their "bran" for the day). No mites, moths or other insect contamination and it will not grow molds or fungus when scooped daily. Oh and it can be flushed or composted.
I put some in water to see what would happen and it almost disappeared!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
That is really interesting. I will have to check it out after the holidays.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
jlyoncc1 said:
That is really interesting. I will have to check it out after the holidays.

Dee,
read first: TortoiseForum.org / Other Tortoise Topics / Tortoise Related Products / Critter Country substrate - New?
Danny has some excellent points. I plan to leave in a small amount in one area of their habitat but change most of it to Dirt & Sand.
And of course Comet never had any in his area, just dirt and sand.

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
Cheers! On your fantastic home:D

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Cam said:

Thanks Cam, I have brought in more dirt and will be doing some modifications on the substrait. I clean and rearrange their home much more than mine these days well thats OK cuse its more fun anyway.

AST-Loch

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I like how Comet's shell is almost perfectly round. She looks like a happy little Tort ball! :)

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
Crazy1 said:
Cam said:
I clean and rearrange their home much more than mine these days well thats OK cuse its more fun anyway.

Hehehe, ditto over here:D

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
i find myself doing the same thing.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
AST-Loch said:
I like how Comet's shell is almost perfectly round. She looks like a happy little Tort ball! :)

Yeah, thats what I thought when I first saw her in the parents enclosure. I looked down and thought what an interesting little round rock. "OH, MY ITS A TORT" :p

Glad I'm not the only one fixing up my torts home more than my own.:rolleyes: :D

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I've heard that many tortoises don't like their homes to be rearranged, but I'll tell you, all five of my females LOVE it! They get so excited with a change, and are much more active!

Fiddlerchick

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Great set-up, and LOVE that pic of Comet in her salad! Farishta got a new remodel for Christmas too, and I'll post the pics soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.