New enclosure almost finished !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackiedots

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dorset England
My son & I have been working on a tort table on and off for a couple of weeks. We bought two bookcases from Ikea and adapted them somewhat. THEY are now ONE - One tort table in fact.
We have had great fun. It has been an absolute labour of love and is now nearing completion. We hope to have it finished and Esme and Herman, our two Hermannis, in their new home by the weekend.
The balustrade in the picture is not cut to size or attached yet as I do not know if I need it ( or want it) all of the way round. The upper tier has balustrade attached, and the highest part at the back.
I have plants to go in and hides and decorations too, so mainly finishing touches. I also need to decide where to put the uv and heat lamps.

Work in progress.....
STP61814.jpg

Getting there.....
STP61817.jpg

In situ but not finished yet. Ballustrades not cut to size or attached. Substrate in though. 4" at shallowest. 6 " in places.

STP61821.jpg

This is what the hard work has all been for...... Esmeralda ( Esme for short) & Herman

STP61779.jpg

Any suggestions or comments will be most appreciated.

Kind regards and thanks

Jackie

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
It's just beautiful and how awesome to have it be two stories. I always wanted Dale's like that now I'm going to have to show him these pictures. :D

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Well, your work certainly paid off. That's one great tort table. I'd love to see a picture of the whole inside.

nearpass

10 Year Member!
Very impressive! I really admire your hard work and creativity!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
How fun that you and your son worked on it together. You've done a great job and it looks very professional. I really like the "traction" on the ramp going upstairs. A suggestion for the lights...make some sort of archway going over the top from one side to the other to hang the lights and heat on. Be sure to send us 'completed' pictures!

jblayza

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Awesome enclosure, very nice. I could definitely put somthin like that in my living room!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
terryo said:
I'd love to see a picture of the whole inside.

Me too! Please post more pictures!
I'd love to make my Russian's table 2-stories when he is full grown.

M

Maggie Cummings

DoctorCosmonaut said:
I like the railing, its a nice, homey touch :)

Pay attention Jordan, you are going to make an upper tier and that railing for Queenie's tort table...:p

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
What an eye-catching enclosure! :D

Any houseguests will be instantly drawn to examine the pet "contents" of this elegant pen, offering you ample oppotunity to show off your charming chelonian friends. :p

And that photo of Esme and Herman could be printed, framed and hung just over their "home sweet home". ;)

jackiedots

5 Year Member
Dorset England
Thank you so much everyone for your lovely comments and replies. I will definately post pictures of the finished tort table. I am still working on a few things. Tonight it has been the lamp positions. Today I started 10 days holiday from work so tomorrow I really hope to put Esme & Herman into their new home. Guess what I will be doing for the next week or so !! lol.
Once again, thank you so much. I am pleased with it and it is nice to know that other people like it too.

Kind regards

Jackie

jackiedots

5 Year Member
Dorset England
terryo said:
Well, your work certainly paid off. That's one great tort table. I'd love to see a picture of the whole inside.

Pics on the way......I am hoping to move Esme & Herman into their new residence in about 10 hours. I shall post some more pictures then. Thanks for your great comments.

Jackie

K412

5 Year Member
VA
A thread that I will follow for sure! That is so adorable and sucha great home for your babies! They are very lucky indeed!!:D
GREAT WORK! And it's always fun when it's something you get to do with your kids.

jackiedots

5 Year Member
Dorset England
K412 said:
A thread that I will follow for sure! That is so adorable and sucha great home for your babies! They are very lucky indeed!!:D
GREAT WORK! And it's always fun when it's something you get to do with your kids.

Thankyou, yes it was great to do a project where we were both totally involved. I am going to try to post some more photos now. I shall open a new thread called "Esme & Herman finally moved in". I hope its ok to open a new thread, I am a bit of a newby really.

Kind regards
Jackie

Status
Not open for further replies.