New Enclosure Finished!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dielawn

5 Year Member
Hi Turtle/Tortoise Lovers!

I am new to the forum but not new to taking care of turtles. I have two new baby greek tortoises Ibera's I believe(correct me if I am wrong). I had temporary vivarium holding them while I came up with plans for a new indoor tort table! I just finished tonight was excited to post the pictures immediately. The table was constructed with some left over MDF board I had laying around in the garage. Let me know what you think! Gizmo and Cosmo are going to be very excited! They are little nommers. Non stop eaters I tell you.

If interested I can list construction details if anyone cares.

Thanks!

x10vwj.jpg

28lfiw9.jpg

2wmf9fk.jpg

20r1d2b.jpg

More to come with them in there!

dielawn

5 Year Member
DoctorCosmonaut said:
I really like it. Cool design. What type of torts are they?

Oops ! I forgot to say! They are two baby greek tortoises. I believe they are around 3 months old?

ftd7xf.jpg
(old enclosure)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
Are those rabbit pellets? I hear they are not good especially for baby tortoises to walk on. Maybe you could check out some of the threads for Greeks on here I'm sure they have listed what they've used instead. The enclosure looks nice. Do you find them trying to rub up against the glass trying to get out? Sometimes they do that if they can see out and then they rub their little noses raw and it's frustrating to them. You might find that it stresses them too much. :)

I have now taken another look at your enclosure and I noticed that the first pictures do look like you have cypress mulch instead of the rabbit pellets that the other thread shows. Sorry if you had changed it already. :)

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
dielawn said:
Oops ! I forgot to say! They are two baby greek tortoises. I believe they are around 3 months old?

No, you did mention it before just made us wait for pics. Nice enclosure.

FYI - It's Greek not greek.

Pellets will dry out a Tort. Cypress is great to keep moisture and won't dry out as fast as Coconut. Both are good together.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Dielawn:

2663892lm9b9sp24j.gif

to the forum!!

Jupiterannette

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
looks great! there so fun when there small! this looks like a great enclosure for them for a long time! good job! nom nom nom!

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Great job on the enclosure! Looks like you have two nice little Ibera there!

Good choice for substrate over the pellets too.

They may occasionally pace against the plexiglass. Normally no harm is done, except to the plexiglass which will eventually be covered in scratches. But if they do pace constantly and you aren't comfortable with them doing so you may want to cover or paint the bottom few inches with a dark color to discourage the pacing.

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
Some pet brand is marketing what sounds like window tinting for this application. Any form of tinting should be enough to show the Tort that there is something there instead of the clear barrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.