New enclosure issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plowmandust77

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Griffith Indiana
I have a 8x3 wooden enclosure with 3 lids. The cool end of the enclosure is building moisture on the wood and bottom of lid. Wood is stained. How can I relieve some of moisture? Add a vent? Trying to do this only once. Thanks

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Put a small fan inside to keep the air mass moving. this will prevent "cool ends" of the air mass and help prevent condinsation. the ground temp may rise a little on your cool end but unless your cool end is 80* or more, it wont matter. Also, by keeping the air "Mixed", you can maintain a steady "Ambiant Tempature" and a steady "Overall Humidity"

as you can see, I have a fan positioned on the top of my enclosure. It is small and pivots 180* (foward, down and back) so I can change the "Wind Currents" inside. When I first mist my enclosure, I get LOTS of condisation immediatly as the humidity climbs to almost 99%. With the fan blowing across my heat emmitters, the Humidity stablizes very quickly at about 83% and unless I open the doors, it will stay between 75%-80% for over 24 hours with an abiant temp of around 82*
DSCN1314.jpg

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Zamric said:
Put a small fan inside to keep the air mass moving. this will prevent "cool ends" of the air mass and help prevent condinsation. the ground temp may rise a little on your cool end but unless your cool end is 80* or more, it wont matter. Also, by keeping the air "Mixed", you can maintain a steady "Ambiant Tempature" and a steady "Overall Humidity"

as you can see, I have a fan positioned on the top of my enclosure. It is small and pivots 180* (foward, down and back) so I can change the "Wind Currents" inside. When I first mist my enclosure, I get LOTS of condisation immediatly as the humidity climbs to almost 99%. With the fan blowing across my heat emmitters, the Humidity stablizes very quickly at about 83% and unless I open the doors, it will stay between 75%-80% for over 24 hours with an abiant temp of around 82*

LOVE THIS!

Thanks for sharing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.